Super Contributor

Re: Do you wear much jewelry especially after retirement.....

No, nothing, nada, zip!

I have a Lori G mirrored, floor-stand  jewelry box full of things I thought I had to have, yet rarely wore. My teens are currently interested in borrowing items and thats a good thing.

Honored Contributor

I went out for lunch with some ladies from my neighborhood. Boy were some blinged out. I had on blue topaz earrings and pendant necklace and ring and I felt I was way under accessorized.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet  NO!  I have three big jewelry boxes full of stuff....now I barely wear earrings any more.   I am not into dressing up like I use to...no need to. 

@PINKdogWOOD I sold a bunch of my heavy gold jewelry a few years ago....when gold prices skyrocketed....made about $20,000!  So, the investment was good when I bought the gold jewelry at $100 a gram 20 years ago.!

Honored Contributor

I love jewelry, shoes and clothes in that order. I wear some kind of jewelry every day and I have small diamond studs with screw backs that I never take off. I'm actually known for my artisan jewelry and have yet to leave the house with it on and not receive a compliment.

Valued Contributor

Retirement, from the job, in September. My go-to jewelry always will be my band rings, bracelets, my small coin cross pendant and Sapphire pendant. Also my anklets.These items I wear 24 7.Will this change, no. While I wlll be purchasing less, the jewelry that I have is not costume jewelry. While costume jewelry may be nice, it is just never have been my style. 

I  will retire from the job,  but not from wearing jewelry since the age of 18. I do not have  a large quantity, because I am very ,very particular.My jewelry does not define who I am,just my style.

Retirement would not change that.

Honored Contributor

I’ve been retired 5 years; always wear stud earrings and occasionally small hoops.   I hate the feel of necklaces, bracelets, and rings.   

Honored Contributor

I don't ever wear a necklace in the hot summer; I want nothing hanging on my neck....I always wear earrings, a sterling ring and bracelet that was made for me, and my wedding band. I might wear a couple of more pieces to church but not often.
Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm not retired but I do work from my home office now, I never go into the office now.  I decked myself out in jewelry when I went to the office and I still do it, even on the days when I don't leave the house.  I think it's because I wear my jewelry and my watches more for myself than for other people.  I like typing on my laptop and looking down and seeing my beautiful tanzanite ring and my white ceramic watch.  Between my phone and the computer...I don't even need the watch!  But it's gorgeous...lol  It's like with makeup.  Every morning, I do my makeup and hair just like I would if I were going to the office.

@chrystaltree  I think you and I were separated at birth except I work outside the home. I am exactly the same way. I wear my jewelry and make up for me! 💄💅🏻💍

Super Contributor

I've been retired for nine years. I don't wear any jewelry around the house (except my Fitbit), but when I go out, I wear my wedding ring, a right-hand ring (one of several), a watch, usually a bracelet, earrings (sometimes two pairs -- hoops in the front holes and studs in the back), and a necklace.

Honored Contributor

I have a TON of beautiful jewelry, a lot from the Glory Days of QVC, and I wear MUCH MORE now than I did while I was working, and I’m enjoying the heck out of it!