Respected Contributor

Do you wear much jewelry especially after retirement.....

I will not leave the house without earrings but that is about it.  I have a bunch of jewely (not expensive) but just don't bother with it.  When my neck started getting older I did not want to bring attention to it with a necklace and I rarely wear a watch except to church since I have my phone.  I rarely wear a ring because my hands seem to be in water so much and always applying hand lotion or hand disinfectant.  When I worked I wore more.  I do like a 30 inch or more long necklace with plain tops.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear much jewelry especially after retirement.....

If I'm just on a grocery run, no, but for most everything else, yes.

Over the years, I've accumulated some very nice pieces and I enjoy wearing them.

I have a pair of 18K twisted hoop earrings purchased from the Q many years ago.   They are my mainstay because fashion earrings will irritate my ears if i wear them more than a few hours.

I'm in my "I shall wear purple" stage of life, I enjoy wearing what makes me happy

I retired May 2018

Honestly, I don't care what my arms, neck or legs look like.   I'll wear what's comfortable, but appropriate.  I often see very elegant looking much older ladies who wear appropriate shorts, sleeveless, v-neck garments with confidence, without regard to a little roll or flab or liver spots.   I want to be one of those ladies.

Honored Contributor

I prefer much smaller jewelry than is currently in style right now. A pendant necklace - like a cross etc , one ring along with wedding bands and a bracelet or watch. I notice here in Fl. in the summer I don't see much jewelry - just too hot to have things hanging on your neck etc.

Respected Contributor

I only wear earrings & a watch, occasionally, a ring. I have tons of Carolyn Pollack jewelry, I wish I could sell. It makes me sick, thinking of the money I wasted on jewelry, over the yrs. 

Honored Contributor

I retired 2 years ago and always wear earrings and sometimes a pendant.  I haven't worn a ring or bracelet since I retired. 

Honored Contributor

Mostly around the house on some days, it could be bracelets and a necklace with my rings and earrings. I love jewelry but I don't look like the gypsy's you see on t.v. It is too hot to wear much on many days now, so earrings and rings are more on the usual side. 

Honored Contributor

Since I wasn't allowed to wear jewelry at my job, retiring has opened up a huge door of opportunity to buy jewelry. I own more now than I did when I was working and I wear it all the time.

Honored Contributor

I wear lots of jewelry when I am going somewhere but not at home.  I used to wear lots of jewelry.  I had a ring on every finger, that was because I could not make up my mind which one to wear so I wore them all.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Most days if going out shopping, lunch, etc., I wear my wedding ring, color-coordinated earrings, ring, bracelet(s), and a long silver necklace. I buy CP, JR, and AW rings the most.  Due to arthritis on my right hand some of my beloved rings can no longer be worn.

I still want to look nice since retirement (Feb 2016) because I’ve invested in a lot of jewelry (reasonably priced) through the years.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not retired, but I don't wear much jewelry these days. Yes, earrings, but I am in an understatement phase at the moment. Sometimes all that jewelry looks so contrived.

I am really dressed up when I throw on a bracelet - understatement as well.