Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear green jewelry on St. Patrick's Day?

I was born in Chicago......so it's "required".....(!!!!!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have virtually every color represented in my jewelry boxes...except green.  I have a strong dislike of green stones in jewelry except for a few turquoise pieces which lean toward green.  I also dont wear green clothing; just not my color.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Of course! I'm not Irish, but my favorite uncle (my mom's twin sister's husband) was 100%. They had no children, and we didn't live near them, but we celebrated St. Patrick's Day in honor of him. He was always fun to be around, and I was closer to him than I was to my own father. (I spent a lot of time with them when I was young.) Now my family and I celebrate in loving memory of him. 

It's not a stretch for me. I LOVE green stones - green turquoise, Burmese jade, emeralds, etc. And I have shamrock earrings I bought here! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyM23  @SilleeMee   I found out last year that I am 19% Irish/Scottish and 38% English/Wales Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Yes I do.

I have a black and green glass blown heart pendant on a light green ribbon from my mom.

I have a bracelet with green beads and a Celtic knot charm.

I have a chrome diopside ring and a mystic topaz/green drusy ring.

I also have a dark green jade in gold ring, also belonged to my mom.

Holy cow, I never thought about all my green jewelry before!

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I'll be wearing a few pieces of green Ripka jewelry:

Judith Ripka Jewelry - Judith Ripka Emerald tone gemstone necklace

Image result for ripka emerald heart ring

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

My standard earrings for St Patrick's Day is a pair of green leprechauns that I got at a Hallmark store a "bazillion" years ago!  Even though they're not all that large, they dangle enough that they bring a chuckle to those who notice them.

Honored Contributor

My Irish grandmother from Dublin, Ireland told me that it is wasn't tradition to wear green on St. Patrick's Day. She claimed that it was a custom in the states but not there.

I guess I adapted that custom and never wear green myself. Except when I marched in the St. Patrick's Day parade in my youth when I twirled a baton in New York's parade. We were required to wear green with our uniforms.

Honored Contributor

I wore my leprechaun earrings to church this morning.  As the priest was greeting us after mass, he remarked:  "I like your earrings!!!!!".  Happy St Paatrick's Day everyone!  

Honored Contributor

I usually pick a couple Russian diopside pieces, maybe my one emerald ring.  Not going to leave the house this year, it's cold out there and very icy.