Honored Contributor

Re: Do you take off your wedding set?

I only wear jewelry if I'm leaving the house, even my wedding rings. I take all my jewelry off as soon as I get home. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I wear my diamond engagement ring and wedding band (which are soldered together) all the time and only take them off when doing heavy cleaning or to clean the rings themselves.  I also wear another ring that DH gave me for Christmas one year, that has a heart-shaped diamond, on the index finger of my left hand and that one only comes off when the wedding set comes off.  The only time they bother me is when my hands get cold and my fingers shrink and the diamonds spin around to the inside of my hand.

Valued Contributor

I keep mine on all the time except to clean them. It would hurt my hubby's feelings if I didn't, plus I feel naked without them! 

Honored Contributor

I am not a ring person so I don't wear the gold band I have or the diamond. My husband lost his 2 years after we were married so I stopped wearing mine then, I don't think he liked wearing it

Respected Contributor

I take mine off once I'm home from work.  On the weekends I don't wear them if I'm going to spend time at the barn or go trail riding.  When we go out to eat, I put my jewelry on.

I wear different rings as wedding rings, depending on my mood and whether I want the look of white or yellow gold.

Honored Contributor

I always take off all of my jewelry at the end of the day. I always have. I don't like sleeping with jewelry, wedding band included.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

I work in a school setting where I constantly have to wash my hands or use hand sanitizer - especially during the winter months and cold/flu season - so I have been wearing a Diamonique ring to school.  Otherwise, I wear my wedding set all the time.  Life's too short not to enjoy beautiful jewelry! :-)

Trusted Contributor

I wear jewelry everyday, including a wedding ring, but I remove it as soon as I come home for the evening.  I have my husband's mother's wedding ring set and it was so encrusted with ****** you couldn't even see the large diamonds in it!  I never want my jewelry to look like that. 

Honored Contributor

I never wear any jewelry to bed.  Everything has to be taken off.  I notice on cold bitter days, I go to work without any jewelry. My diamond was always getting soap scum on it and I won't take it off washing my hands for fear of losing it. As of now I have to scrub up the diamond every few days to get rid of the soap. One reason I don't wear my diamond solitaire very often.  I never had a wedding set.  I have an engagement solitaire and a 18K band.  But they were not purchased together.  I mostly wear the solitaire and an eternity band I got later.  Looks better then the other combo.