Honored Contributor

Re: Do you receive gifts of jewelry?

@gertrudecloset   I've been selling more than purchasing. I've kept only my most loved and/or often worn and sentimental pieces.

This year I went w/ DH to have a short necklace made with one trillion on a chain from my original engagement ring setting. It's adjustable from 16"-18".

Honored Contributor

My ex got me a few pieces--I have since sold them for the gold-- including my wedding ring--otherwise I buy my own jewelry.

Respected Contributor

I never got gifts of jewelry.  My late husband was very generous in many ways but he didn't see the point of jewelry.  He hated wearing any.

I bought myself what I wanted. My jewelry choices were never extravagant.  

Honored Contributor

It has been decades since anyone gave me a gift of jewelry. I think the last time it was a bracelet from a friend. She made it for me. 

Honored Contributor

My husband liked to give me ROBES.  We divorced.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

^giff.gif

Trusted Contributor

I used to get jewelry every Christmas.  Often it was a pair of gold hoop earrings from QVC, sometimes 14k and sometimes 18k.  I have quite a collection.  Now I seldom dress up and certainly don't need more jewelry.  Now I would rather get shoes or boots.

Super Contributor

I like to get or to give jewelry as a gift. I often think of jewelry as Lego pieces. If you don't like it, you can re-use it or update it. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 ---thanks for the chuckle!!! 

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset   I have sold or gifted more than I've purchased or recieved. 

I especially stopped wearing recognizable  designer jewelry like David Yurman. I gave many cuffs to my daughter. They're too bulky for me now and since wearing more than one piece at a time looked a bit tacky IMO....a DY ring, cuff, earrings, etc.

My DIL is almost 6' tall with large bones and most of my jewelry does not fit her. I have saved a few of the more expensive pieces for my GDs.