Esteemed Contributor

Do you receive gifts of jewelry?

I used to.  But now, I buy what I want.  I don't let my children buy me jewelry.  Besides they don't think I need anymore jewelry.  They MIGHT be right, but I'm not that concerned about what they think.

Zoe Lev - 14K Yellow Gold Gothic Font Zodiac Necklace, 16-18"

Zoë Chicco - 14K Yellow Gold Heavy Metal Curved Bar Diamond Pendant Necklace, 14"-16"

Zoe Lev - 14K Yellow Gold Paperclip Ring

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you receive gifts of jewelry?

@gertrudecloset    I like that bracelet.  Must have a tricky closure.  I'd love it more in silver.

I've bought my own jewelry for the past 40 years and have done an amazing job of filling numerous boxes.  I don't want or need any help.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I do buy my own jewelry. In fact just the other day I bought a pair of Diamond stud earrings I have been wanting for many years.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I've bought some jewelry for myself over the years, but my DH has gifted me a number of beautiful pieces. He has excellent taste!

Respected Contributor

DH has bought me jewelry.  He prefers to give jewelry as gifts.  I have bought a lot of jewelry for myself also.  I do have a lot and I no longer want jewelry gifts.  Too much money and I don't need any more.  I love the jewelry I have and am not interested in acquiring more.  

Respected Contributor

I used to work with a man who always went to the same jeweler at holiday time. He was very nonchalant and laughing when he told us she normally returns it and picks out what she really wants. 

Honored Contributor

No.   However if someone gave me QC Camilla's choker (that @Oznell  posted this a.m.),  I would be extremely grateful!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

DH always buys what I like ( I select goodies throughout the year and he gives it to me for significant occasions; win/win).

Respected Contributor

I received some pieces of jewelry over the years and I still have the first two pieces of diamond jewelry that were bought for me.  I wear them both periodically (a small diamond solitaire pendant and a emerald and diamond ring).   I have given away or sold most of the jewelry gifted to me by the men I dated over the years.  I don't have bad feelings toward the pieces given to me but I also don't feel I should keep jewelry that I really don't want.   My husband likes for me to pick out jewelry for him to gift to me and I like doing so.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Very beautiful items!

I always got jewelry from DH.  Sometimes he surprised me but most of the time I showed him what I liked.  I don't get much any more because I don't wear much of it now that I am retired and seldom go any place. 

I love jewelry and think it's such a wonderful gift!  However, I do agree that it's nice to know a person's taste before investing a lot of money in it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin