Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like a certain shape, or stone, or gem?

Trillion, trilliant, ascher and cushion. 

Honored Contributor

Oval is probably my favorite overall in gems and earrings. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like brilliant round with extra facets as well as Princess Cut!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Oval cabochons in simple settings -- any stone except tiger's eye, ruby, or onyx. Not interested in faceted gems.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't care for colored gems that much.  I just love Corundum (Sapphires/Rubies)   They are second to the diamond in hardness.  And like the diamond, increases in value.  Other then that.....    Well I have to admit I have one other gem.  A Rubellite, which is a tourmaline  Got that one at Home Shopping.  It looks looks close to my ruby.  And of course I have some diamonds.  I have about 9 different blue shades of  Sapphires and 5 Rubies. Mostly rings and some pendants.  One bracelet. Everything in 18K, or platinum with diamonds. My Sapphires are Ceylon (Sri Lanka) & rubies & 2 other Sapphires from Myanmar (Burma)   Shapes I like are pear and princess/Ascher.  Although I'm not wild over pearls, I have one.  A Salt Water one (South Seas) on a ring I got from my mother. 

Respected Contributor

My favorite shapes for gemstones are the pear shape and the emerald cut. 

I love many gemstones, as I am a rock hound/collector who might have made a wonderful geologist.  I particularly like diamonds, tanzanite, kunzite, morganite, citrine, amethyst, rhodolite garnet, blue and green chalcedony, turquoise, rose quartz, peridot, chrome diopside, black spinel, rock crystal, and Swiss and London blue topaz. I prefer a high saturation of color in colored gemstone. (Interesting that I have not mentioned ruby, sapphires, or emeralds.... I wonder why that is, too, as I enjoy seeing them in museum displays.)

When it comes to type of jewelry, I tend to like designer jewelry styles, like Judith Ripka, Barbara Bixby, Jai/John Hardy, Lagos, etc.. But, just because something is created by a designer I like, does not mean I like everything manufactured by that designer. Sometimes, I find a design is too masculine, or too bold, or too tiny for my taste. I seem to gravitate more toward graceful designs, but I do like some Southwestern jewelry styles that are scaled differently. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure.

Honored Contributor

I have many sizes and shapes of many stones--my fave are pearls, chrome diopside and many natural stones. Right now am obsessed with the asscher cut--have a treated topaz called northern lights in a necklace and ring---am a equal opportunity jewelry addict---Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My diamond solitaire engagement ring is a traditional round.   Other shapes I like are oval, cushion cut, trillion cut and emerald cut.   My favorite stones are diamonds, morganite, aquamarine, blue sapphire, pink sapphire, amethyst, tanzanite, pink tourmaline, kunzite, london blue topaz.   I only like yellow gold .. either 14K or 18K.  

I like rings, earrings, bracelets, chains with pendants, necklaces.