Honored Contributor

Do you like a certain shape, or stone, or gem?

[ Edited ]

I didn't use to be partial in any way/shape/form of hearts in jewelry. Now, I think I'd like one in a necklace of like Diamonique, or Bella.  So, I'm going to be watching and looking.  I do have a number of crosses.  I just think some are so beautiful.

My question is any shape of stone or type of jewelry that catches your eye?  Any style of any of that you seem to have a number of? (Collection almost?)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you like a certain shape, or stone, or gem?

In my jewelry collection I have a lot of the different cuts and shapes.  But my favorite is always the pear shape.  My dad was jeweler. He always said marquise shapes were great because they gave the appearance of being bigger than the same carat weight in other shapes.  But I always thought the pear shape gave the best of multple shapes-- with the round end and the point end.  I also really like the pear because it is elongating -- drawing the eye down say in earrings or a pendant. 

Honored Contributor

Diamonds will always be # 1

Rubies # 2

Any pinky stones even cheapie pink amethyst, zircons,

pink gal.

favor GOLD rolos, bangles, link y types of bracelets

don't do necklaces, big chunky diamond rings like U see at JCPenney's and Sam's. Gotta have my flash.

My solitaire is round will never go out of style

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like mostly step-cut stones for example, Asscher, octagon (emerald-cut), square or baguette. Ultra-long baguettes are my fave.

ETA-

I like tourmaline b/c that group of gems has two of my favorites...rubellite and indicolite, not to mention Paraiba also.

Honored Contributor

Round brilliant...and I prefer colored gemstones in a solitaire setting...yellow gold only

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

In gemstones, I like square, emerald or cushion cuts best.  I have stones in all cuts except heart cut.   My favorite gemstones are emeralds and tanzanite.  Also like colored diamonds.  I also love southwestern jewelry and have a big collection. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Valued Contributor

Emerald cut

Respected Contributor

For diamond solitaire, I still like a traditional round.

2nd best for diamond or any gem I like cushion cut.

Respected Contributor

Diamonds #1 with rubies and anything pink a close second. Love oval and heart shaped stones.

Valued Contributor

I don't have a favorite shape my wedding ring is a round solitare in white gold and my husband gave me a new one for Christimas in yellow gold, it was a total surprise I never asked for one but I had mentioned that I was really starting to like yellow gold. 

Diamonds #1, Pearls, Rubies, Emeralds and I really like all types of turquoise.