Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite size of jewelry you like to wear?

@Frosted Cake wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I own well over 100 rings, probably close to 150, and there's not a single small one in the bunch.  I've always favored large rings but not so large they impede the use of my hands.  I'm not a teeny tiny person and don't want that size jewelry.

I too like big rings.   I have big hands (don't know why, guess I take after my Dad).   But, I'm upset because i mostly wear rings on my right ring finger and left middle finger.   On each of those fingers, my knuckles are so big now (probably some arthritis) that I can't wear the 8 I used to wear on the middle and the 7 I used to wear on the ring finger.   It really is frustrating.   I do wear some of my 7's on my wedding ring finger (I'm not married and don't care), but the 8's are big sometimes for the right hand ring finger.

Has anyone else had the ring fingers they normally wear rings on "expand at the knuckle" (not sure how else to describe it).

@Frosted Cake  I sympathize with you.  I used to wear a 7 or 8 ring and am now ordering 10s because I'm afraid the knuckles will get even larger.  The 10s are too big for my right hand but fit the left okay.  I broke 2 fingers on my left a few years ago and the swelling never completely went down.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I love jewelry and feel naked without it. I tend to wear my larger scale necklaces in the winter. In the summer I wear my 14K gold horizontal bar necklace just about every day - don't like anything heavy on my neck when itis hot. I prefer larger rings and chunky bracelets; most of my earrings are small to medium size.

Trusted Contributor

I've gone through a jewelry transformation in just the last few weeks.  I'm 6' tall, and I have a good bit of "statement" jewelry, but most of the necklaces and bracelets I wore were medium sized.  Then I found a cute pendant on vacation that was about 3/4" long including the bail, and I'm in love!!  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

I'm a conservative dresser and so prefer classic, understated pieces.  I wear studs or small hoops, never dangles.  A nice size gemstone pendant is my walk on the wild side.  I don't wear rings much anymore other than my wedding set.  I LOVE station necklaces, especially ones that can be layered, or layering chains.  Bangles are my favorite bracelets, although I often wear other styles with gemstones.  Since I wear suits a lot, I have quite a collection of brooches and pins, many with gemstones, to dress them up.  I just don't feel properly dressed without jewelry.

Respected Contributor

Medium to small sized pieces only. I look like a clown in anything large. Some women look great in those "honkers" statement pieces and any large pieces. Not me.

New Contributor

I like small rings and tops earrings. I like to wear single chain necklace. Sometimes I also wear a light bracelet. I have all this jewelry except bracelet. Thanks!!