Honored Contributor

Do you have a favorite size of jewelry you like to wear?

I have 2 prasiolite rings I love and I have a pair of earrings to go with them, that are larger than I thought they'd be. (I didn't read the size), but I love that, so I am keeping them. The other pair of earrings, are a better, smaller size. I think the smaller ones appeal to me for any jewelry. Just realized that lately. Just my personal preference.

What do you like? I do like the long finger rings, but I haven't bought any, I just look longingly at those.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite size of jewelry you like to wear?

I like small rings and earrings.  I like long chains.

Honored Contributor

I have always been a stud earring girl and maybe a few small hoops. My ideal size is 8 x 10 mm in any shape. but I have many sizes smaller than that that I wear. I just bought a pair of that sized, oval color change flourite stones that change from a vivid blue to a vivid purple in certain light, that are spectacular. And I am all about pearls too. Not much of a ring person as my hands aren't very pretty. I wear necklaces occasionally but sold most of my silver/gold in the last few years as I wasn't wearing any of it. Not a diamond girl either and all my jewelry is genuine with the real metals. Kind of a snob as to buying costume and spending so much on fake. And most of my jewelry was bought many, many years ago when the prices were way down too. But it all still is current and classic.

Respected Contributor

I like a large stone, something that can be seen like 10 feet away at least. I just a wow factor, I guess. 😊  

Honored Contributor

I do like chunky silver, one of the reasons I purchased Shawns ring about 3 years ago.  Looking for a silver chunky bracelet that is not over the top in price.  Since I discovered Evine I am really liking larger rings.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I like long necklace. I have a 30 inch John Hardy necklace that I have had for over 15 years. I wear with my Bixby heart pendant that I refigured into a y enhancer, making the drop 5 inches. This now 35 inch necklace I wear  most everyday.Some days I wear my Barry Cord frog pendant that I refigured to a tassel enhancer.Bold band rings without stones and,gemstone hoops earring that a inch in diameter. 

Honored Contributor

Generally, I prefer smaller earrings and finer guage necklaces.  Bracelets and rings tend to be my statement pieces.

Valued Contributor

It depends.

I like both large and small jewelry.    It just depends on how I feel and what I'm wearing.

I don't like teeny tiny jewelry though, be it earrings, rings or pendants.  I want my jewelry to show up and not just be a "dot."   

I like good quality chains.  There is nothing worse than a gorgeous pendant with a cheap and thin chain.

Honored Contributor

I own well over 100 rings, probably close to 150, and there's not a single small one in the bunch.  I've always favored large rings but not so large they impede the use of my hands.  I'm not a teeny tiny person and don't want that size jewelry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I own well over 100 rings, probably close to 150, and there's not a single small one in the bunch.  I've always favored large rings but not so large they impede the use of my hands.  I'm not a teeny tiny person and don't want that size jewelry.

I too like big rings.   I have big hands (don't know why, guess I take after my Dad).   But, I'm upset because i mostly wear rings on my right ring finger and left middle finger.   On each of those fingers, my knuckles are so big now (probably some arthritis) that I can't wear the 8 I used to wear on the middle and the 7 I used to wear on the ring finger.   It really is frustrating.   I do wear some of my 7's on my wedding ring finger (I'm not married and don't care), but the 8's are big sometimes for the right hand ring finger.

Has anyone else had the ring fingers they normally wear rings on "expand at the knuckle" (not sure how else to describe it).