Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever wear jewelry sets?

I have a few older Judith Ripka sets that match but I guess may not qualify to be called a set along with Michael Dawkins which would be along the same lines.  As they are older, they are great quality and I am so happy I have them.

Respected Contributor

No sets. 

Honored Contributor

I never wear jewelry sets if you mean the Liz Taylor type colored stone necklace w/ matching drop earring type sets. It's the same as going to a furniture store, finding a decorated room you like and purchasing it all as it stands...just doesn't show imagination.

I do however wear my wedding set, a diamond eternity band and 2 ct. oval stone engagement ring. Because it's rather "noticeable", I usually only wear my watch on my left hand w/o bracelets, no right hand ring unless a small non-competing band ring. I do wear diamond studs almost every day.  I only mix metals if I wear one piece that's two-tone to tie them together.

Honored Contributor

@GRACIE  Barry Cord. Now there's a name out of the vault. Loved his jewelry. So many vendors lost from the Q line up.

Trusted Contributor

I believe that a "set" is known as a suite, as a poster previously mentioned.  The closest I come to owning a suite is the Vista design that Carolyn Pollack sold.  I own the earrings, bracelet, and ring.  And yes, I have worn them all together.

Other than that, I will often wear the same gemstone in a couple of different pieces of jewelry.  So I might wear an amethyst pendant and an amethyst ring at the same time.  If I were to add amethyst earrings AND an amethyst bracelet to the mix, it would feel like too much.  I tend to do that thing where I will put several items on, and then remove a piece.  

Valued Contributor

@Shanus I miss Barry Cord whimsical jewelry.The quality was outstanding.His artistic designs never go out of style. Ann King, was another one of favorite that sadly to has left the building.

Trusted Contributor

Matching metals and stones is about as close as I get. I do have a Byzantine gold "set" of sorts, although none of the pieces were purchased at the same time or from the same place. I often wear those pieces together, but not always. 

Honored Contributor

Yes...in my 40's and 50's.  Now 61 not so much. I just forget about jewelry anymore. Seems like a lot of work to me now.