Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever wear jewelry sets?

I delight in wearing my Southwest turquoise jewelry and mixing as many shades of turquoise as I can get on myself. Definitely do not do matchy match. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hmm. I don't think i have anything that is a set, per se.  I'll occasionally repeat a stone in more than one place, i.e. a big oval lapis ring, with my bracelet that has stations of turquoise, lapis and mother of pearl.

I do seem to like having my jewelry look more "random", so perhaps that's why I've avoided sets or suites.  But there are plenty of people who can carry off that more matched look--   Diana, the Princess of Wales used to do that with some of the inherited pieces she had....

And Elizabeth Taylor too.  Maybe the "set of jewelry" look is well suited to women with a dramatic, high glamour style, which isn't me, unfortunately!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Around 10 yrs ago, I purchased from QVC -- an 18KT gold oval shaped bangle bracelet - textured and satin --- and matching 18KT gold oval earrings, around 1-1/4". I always wear those 2 pieces together. One of the BEST jewelry pieces and value -- love!!!! I also bought from QVC years ago --- a large, pear-shaped Brazilian Amethyst ring set in 14KT gold and a large, rectangular-shaped, pendant - also set in 14KT gold. I wear both together. Love looking at my jewelry - makes me happy.

Respected Contributor

Mostly I coordinate my pieces by color of the stones and metals. 

But ,yes, I love sets and I have 4-5 matching sets of ring,earrings,bracelet and necklace.

I have gold sets by LeVian, Omar Torres, have Silver by Michael Valetutti.

It makes me  look put together and I always get complements on them. And  also I always match pearls.

Honored Contributor

I often do for work.  I have many sets of colored jewlery that I loved to wear.  I used to know someone who made these sets inexpensively and I purchased quite a few.  But I also wear other jewelry and mix and match.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Yes, I have a few. I have Tiffany's Victoria earrings and the matching necklace. All gifts from my husband.

Usually, I enjoy a matching necklace and earring set. In fact years ago before gold became exorbitant in price I had a jeweler make me a diamonds by the yard necklace with a pendant hanging from it with the same design of the pendant in earrings. It is diamonds and two tone gold....love it.. Unfortunately, I have fewer places to wear these things but it is nice owning them.

Valued Contributor

Not exactly a set, but my JH chain bracelets with a ring of the same designs.These items matches with my Bixby ornate heart pendant( from the year 2000) The sterling mixing with gold designs mixes or matches with JH(™John Hardy) Also Barry Cord frogs pendant along with Barry Cord frog cuff bracelet.

Frequent Contributor

I don't wear "sets" but I do often coordinate my jewelry. I have a lot of colored gemstone pieces that hubby had made for me, today I am wearing a rhodolite garnet and diamond necklace that he had made, and large rhodolite stud earrings. They don't "match" the necklace, but they are the same stone.

I don't mix metals, I will only wear white gold with white gold, yellow gold with yellow. I will wear rose gold with yellow.

I have a set of earrings and a pendant that were made at a local "art" jeweler. I couldn't leave the pendant behind when I bought the earrings, I just couldn't separate them! But I also can't stand to wear them together.....

Honored Contributor

I only wear jewelry sets, it's almost an obsession now.  Granted, I have been collecting jewelry for 30 years so it's easy for me.  I almost always wear my wedding rings on my left hand and a ring on my right ring.  I wear a pendant or necklace that matches or close coordinates with my right hand ring.  Often, I will wear either a braclet or earrings that coordinate with my right hand ring too.  I like to wear 2-3 matching pieces but never 4 pieces.  That would be too much.  I remember my mother always said that when get dressed and have all your jewelry on, take one piece off. 

Valued Contributor

I have several matching sets of Carolyn Pollack's southwestern jewelry. You know, the necklaces with matching earrings. Some of the sets have matching rings too. Sometimes I'll wear the pieces together but rarely. Seems a bit much. But I do love the sets.

Lately I've been buying very small, simple studs from etsy artists with stones similar to those in CP's elaborate necklaces like agate or coral. They coordinate but aren't so overpowering as the big southwestern earrings.