Honored Contributor

Re: Do you coordinate your jewlelry with your hair color?

I wear only silver or white metal jewelry.  It goes with my skin tone since I have a cool tone.  As for my hair I'm brunette and even at 66 I still have no grey roots.  I get a few highlights 2 xs a year.

Honored Contributor

I had most of my 14, 18k gold jewelry stolen in a burglary, so replenished with mostly silver which I prefer anyway. I do have some good pieces and sometimes even wear both silver and gold together....I just read that mixing metals is a trendy thing now! My hair is light brown and still only a dozen or so gray hairs...so I don't worry about matching to my hair. I think both colors look beautiful on women with silver hair also.

Esteemed Contributor

When I first started out, there I was working with platinum.  So I got more.  Then I decided on yellow gold so I could have more choice.  Work was very dressed up.  Got some silver for casual.

Then when I retired, silver seemed the most fun.

Don't think hair had anything to do with it.

Valued Contributor

I have always preferred yellow gold to silver or white gold.  I haven't colored my hair since January, (made the choice before lockdown), and didn't know what the color coming in would be.  Turns out my natural color now is a shiny silver that I am very happy with, but I thought I'd have to wear silver now.  Not so.  I didn't like the no-contrast look and found it drab on me.  I still prefer gold and think it probably has more to do with complexion tone than hair color.  Mixed metal earrings are a good choice for me, too.

Trusted Contributor

Other than my wedding band, I coordinate my jewerly to my oufit.  Never thought to coordinate it to my hair color nor would I.  i have too much gold jewelry to let it sit there and not wear it.

Honored Contributor

I used to but not anymore.  I wear what I want.  I used to go by cool tones/warm tones but the older I get the more I just do what I want at that moment!

Honored Contributor

There is not much coordination going on around here.  I tend to pick pieces to wear because of the piece itself, not because it matches anything.  I only consciously think about coordinating for a bigger occasion, like dinner out.  Then its matching the pieces to each other and to my clothing.  My hair has never been considered, its still dishwater blonde with very little grey.  

Honored Contributor

I'm very lucky that either yellow or white metals look good with my skintone.  I have a co-worker who looks horrible in yellow gold.  She was a brunette when we started working together but has now let her hair go gray.  Her hair color doesn't matter, she still looks bad in yellow metals. 

I coordinate my jewelry with what I am wearing.  There are certain clothing colors I prefer gold jewelry with and there are certain clothing colors I prefer white metals with.

Honored Contributor

No. I don't.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I coordinate my jewelry with what I am wearing.  There are certain clothing colors I prefer gold jewelry with and there are certain clothing colors I prefer white metals with.

@Lipstickdiva 

Exactly what I do. 

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I think yellow gold looks best against my skin, but I wear silver too. My hair is dark blonde with highlights, and, yes, a bit of grey now. 😱