Honored Contributor

Re: Do you coordinate your jewlelry with your hair color?

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I never thought about it till recently, when my hair starting turning grey and is now bright silver, and starting to show some pure white streaks. I guess I sound vain but I'm rather proud that my hair did this all by itself; I haven't had to touch it up at all.

I've started wearing a lot of silver earrings because I think they really bring out the color in my hair, but since I have 2 piercings I add another, more colorful pair to not look monochrome. It's a nice look.

What do you do?

@GoneButNotForgotten  I'm one who agrees that silver jewelry (near the face) looks better with silver/grey hair. Bracelets and rings,watches do not matter as much. I do have many pieces of good two-tone earrings and necklaces that I wear occasionally. I've always worn silver jewelry even as a brunette. 

I think if your skin tone leans towards warm or olive, gold is a good choice. Cool, pink tones look well with silver...in general...not written in stone. This is just what I've noticed in years of designing and women's preferences. 

Honored Contributor

Green and Purple Reflective Scarf  Fresh Lavendar fluffy warm image 0

I know this is about jewelry but it reminded me of something I took a chance and bought even though it was definitely not my best color.  I am very cool-toned but I have always loved that dark olive color.  Last year, I broke down and bought a dark olive winter coat.  I bought this scarf to go with it and that's all it needed.  Purples and blues are good on me and after all these years, I finally took the plunge.  I'm a happy camper! That's kind of how I feel about jewelry now.  You can always tweak your make-up, too!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Green and Purple Reflective Scarf  Fresh Lavendar fluffy warm image 0

You can always tweak your make-up, too!

You're right; I forgot about that. That's something a lot of women overlook. I know I need a lot more blush now because I'm pretty pale anyway and without some color on/near my face, I look embalmed.

Honored Contributor

Nope, I do not.  But when my mom went totally gray, she started wearing her white gold and pearls almost all the time and the white metal and white pearls looked great with her white hair.

Honored Contributor

Nope--I wear whatever strikes my mood

Honored Contributor

For the last couple of years my attraction towards rose gold has become more intense. I've grown to love that color of metal and I think it looks good against most any color of hair and skin. It's feminine, romantic and elegant.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of very white gray and love it.  I love rose gold earrings with the gray.  I usually choose the stone to coordinate with what i'm wearing.