Respected Contributor

Do you coordinate your jewlelry with your hair color?

I never thought about it till recently, when my hair starting turning grey and is now bright silver, and starting to show some pure white streaks. I guess I sound vain but I'm rather proud that my hair did this all by itself; I haven't had to touch it up at all.

I've started wearing a lot of silver earrings because I think they really bring out the color in my hair, but since I have 2 piercings I add another, more colorful pair to not look monochrome. It's a nice look.

What do you do?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you coordinate your jewlelry with your hair color?

@GoneButNotForgotten -

Yes, I do. But being a "winter", I have always worn silver jewelry and so like it especially now.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I've worn nothing but silver jewelry since I retired and let my hair go to its natural silver.  I've always thought silver-haired ladies look better wearing silver jewelry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have both gold and silver jewelry but I think with my skin tone and highlighted hair I look better in silver.  

I also have two piercings in my ears and like you do, I often add a smaller pair of jewel toned earrings in the second hole.  

I agree with you, it's a nice look.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl wrote:

I have both gold and silver jewelry but I think with my skin tone and highlighted hair I look better in silver.  

I also have two piercings in my ears and like you do, I often add a smaller pair of jewel toned earrings in the second hole.  

I agree with you, it's a nice look.

@J Town Girl Regardless of what the veins say about one's color, it's more about the complexion and hair for me.  I could always wear beiged-down make-up, red hair and gold jewelry with fall colors.  I could also wear pinky make-up and blond hair and wear jewel tones and silver jewelry. 

I grew tired of coloring my hair so I let it go gray (silvery gray) and I wear the pink-tone make up to give me some color, wear more silver jewelry and jewel tones or saturated blues now that my hair is silver-gray.  I don't do any color in my hair anymore.  My hairdresser put some blue toner in my hair a couple times but it is just as silvery if I shampoo every other day.

Respected Contributor

Yes, silver jewelry looks best for me, since going silver, myself.  Sometimes I will put on some of my favorite yellow gold, of the past, and it just doesn't look right anymore. 

Honored Contributor

No, not really. My hair color is very dark brown, almost black. I coordinate my jewelry with the clothes I'm wearing and If any of my clothes or accessories have gold or silver accents, like buttons or zippers, then I'll match my jewelry to that also. I have a pet peeve about wearing mixed metals when it comes to my clothing and my jewelry not matching metal color.

Regular Contributor

I have white hair and would only wear silver,pearls,black or diamond studs. but I received a box of  hoop earrings silver,gold and rose gold.....to my surprise I love the rose gold and have gone crazy buying rose gold.Just love it and gave away all my gold earrings .needed a change  and love the new look

Honored Contributor

Most of my jewelry is white gold.  I started to collect it when I was around 13 and have many fine pieces from that era.

Over the years, I have added some yellow gold, but white gold has always been my first choice and looks better with my complexion.  My hair is salt and pepper and the white metals still look better on me than yellow metals.

Esteemed Contributor

I let my hair go grey when I retired.  I wear silver exclusively but with colorful stones.