Honored Contributor

Do you clean your jewelry after each use or on a certain day, or ?

I just cleaned about a dozen pieces with Conniseur (sp) and it's really good for cleaning all kinds of jewelry.  I need to clean more often I think. It doesn't seem to need it a lot. Not sure how often it's needed. How often do you clean your jewelry and with what?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you clean your jewelry after each use or on a certain day, or ?

When it looks like it needs cleaned.

Respected Contributor

I got hooked on Caribbean Gem jewelry cleaner years ago when QVC offered it. It is great stuff. I now order it from Ebay...in fact, the last time I ordered, I went ahead and got a gallon of the stuff:

Caribbean Gem Banana & Coconut Oil Jewelry Cleaner 1Gal

Needless to say, I have a ton of jewelry. LOL!!!

Super Contributor

Former jewelery store owner reply:

Once  a week should do it if you wear your rings on a regular basis. Some people never take their pieces off, so shampoo and body wash are going to leave a film on diamonds or other stones.

Jewelry  cleaner and an old toothbrush should do the trick.  Soak pieces in cleaner ( never pearls!) For a few minutes. Lay on a cloth and go over with the toothbrush . Rinse, Pat dry.

Please don't use toothpaste.

Respected Contributor

Any stone that is supposed to sparkle I clean after each use pretty much . And I use Windex or dish soap, I do not buy anything special. I dry wipe with a soft cloth my turquoise, pearls and coral. 

I love to clean my jewelry!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

image1 (1).PNGI have used this product for years.  It is Ph balanced and one quart makes two gallons of cleaner.  I can use this in a dish or in my ultrasonic.  It contains no ammonia which can harm some stones or attack base metals.   The price is right so I always have have clean cleaner each time ...

Honored Contributor

50 in 50  !!!

That is good stuff

@pupwhipped wrote:

I got hooked on Caribbean Gem jewelry cleaner years ago when QVC offered it. It is great stuff. I now order it from Ebay...in fact, the last time I ordered, I went ahead and got a gallon of the stuff:

Caribbean Gem Banana & Coconut Oil Jewelry Cleaner 1Gal

Needless to say, I have a ton of jewelry. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Ultrasonic cleaner is the best.

Many many years ago my late mom worked at a factory, I can't remember what they did but she had many small hand tools and cleaned them regularly in the ultrasonic cleaner at work.     They were not allowed to use any kind of alcohol or cleaning product of any time.    Most jewelry stores use ultrasonic cleaners.   

She purchased a small one for the house, we use it for everything, including our eyeglasses.

I don't know where that thing ever ended up but I would like to have one.

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

image1 (1).PNGI have used this product for years.  It is Ph balanced and one quart makes two gallons of cleaner.  I can use this in a dish or in my ultrasonic.  It contains no ammonia which can harm some stones or attack base metals.   The price is right so I always have have clean cleaner each time ...

Honored Contributor

When it looks dull.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

Ultrasonic cleaner is the best.

Many many years ago my late mom worked at a factory, I can't remember what they did but she had many small hand tools and cleaned them regularly in the ultrasonic cleaner at work.     They were not allowed to use any kind of alcohol or cleaning product of any time.    Most jewelry stores use ultrasonic cleaners.   

She purchased a small one for the house, we use it for everything, including our eyeglasses.

I don't know where that thing ever ended up but I would like to have one.

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I bought mine though Rio Grade when I got my last quart of cleaner.  I wore my last one out.