Valued Contributor

As a jewelry Diva, who just turn ,65 going on 40. I love my jewelry,I buy what I like and wear it.John Hardy and Lagos,Effy are my jewelry of choice.I also loved Barry Cord jewelry those pieces I put in a picture window box,(I made) and hung on my wall.

To me jewelry is part of me,I wear jewelry everyday no matter if I am home,running errands, traveling, concerts and enjoying life and retirements.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have no idea WHERE my mother got this idea, but she firmly believed that ONLY married women are allowed to wear jewelry, and ONLY that given to her by her husband.

When I left home........I kinda went wild................

@Desertdi That idea may be when women didn't work outside of the home.  Today we work and can get what we love.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I have amassed a rather large jewelry collection. I started in my early 20's and still shop today, although I've slowed down quite a bit the last few years. Probably 70% of my jewelry came from QVC. 

I own more rings than any other type of jewelry, then comes earrings and then bracelets. I never wear necklaces because I can't stand to have anything around my neck.

My jewelry wearing has slowed down considerably after I retired. I still wear jewelry when we go on vacation, or go out shopping, or to the movies, or out to eat, etc. Around the house I only wear rings - I rarely wear a bracelet.

I've loved jewelry ever since I was a little girl. Does anyone remember back in the 60's when Woolworth's had a birthstone jewelry set? It consisted of a ring, a necklace and a bracelet that were all heart shaped. I thought that was the most beautiful set of jewels in the world. Of couse I was about 8 or 9 at the time, LOL!

My mother used to kid me that she didn't know where I got the 'jewelry gene' from since she wasn't into jewelry at all. Never, ever wore anything but her plain gold wedding band.

Jewelry makes me smileSmiley Happy  I love rings, always have at least two on.  Earrings a close second.  My go to earrings are a pair of small hoops I purchased years ago when Mary Beth was presenting.  I think it is gold over bronze?  Anyway they look brand new and I wear them almost every day.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Jewelry sales at QVC have been a losing proposition for QVC for quite a few years.  They've chosen not to waste a lot of valuable air time on something that's not profitable.   I've heard that jewelry is not popular with the younger generation.  They'd rather spend their money on electronics.

Don't forget about Lyft and Uber,  I have noticed a lot of younger people prefer Lyft or Uber instead of driving.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Do bears ............................             LOL

I have mine on.

@qualitygal YES!  They do, indeed.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Wore my solid gold byzantine necklace today with solid gold earrings and 7 diamond rings.  I wear gold and diamonds anytime I leave my house.  To me gold and diamonds are in style anywhere.

Occasional Contributor

Hahha.. It's kinda funny. Isn't it a basic right to beautify yourself with jewelry?

Occasional Contributor

YES.. QVC should think again about it.

It's not only about beauty but investing in gold and silver has always been many people's interest. Especially these days gold prices are going up quickly and there is huge potential of profits. So, there should be all kind of information about jewelry in different perspectives.

My Go to jewelry items are earrings, rings and bracelet.. I can't move without them.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Do women wear jewelry?

[ Edited ]

Interesting women wear jewelry.

In any event, QVC doesn't think women wear jewelry because their jewelry shows have pretty much dried up except for "special" jewelry days that don't even show jewelry for enough hours to warrant a special day.

I get that they want to appeal to younger women who don't seem to wear jewelry much. And generally speaking (I may get flamed for this), younger audiences and their money are almost as easily parted as fools and their money (riffing off the saying that fools and their money are soon parted). Younger folks tend to not have mortgage payments and retirement on the brain (certainly there are exceptions). The world of retail feeds off of emotional spending.

Respected Contributor

I wear my engagement and wedding rings as well as my mother's ring with th e birthstones of my children- opal and diamonds constantly ( I never take them except to clean them).  Otherwise I wear either earrings or a necklace everyday depending on my outfit.  Rarely do I wear a bracalet.  They are simple pieces.  I never wear the fancy jewels my mother had before she died.  I keep them in a safe.