Respected Contributor

Long live jewelry lovers!  I, too,  still wear jewelry ALL THE TIME!

Ever since I was a little girl I loved all the sparkles and colors of beautiful gems and the fancy designs of gold settings.  I would never leave my house without earrings and a ring or two.

If anything, my tastes have gone up and I prefer to spend more on a few nicer pieces.

QVC is appealing more and more to those who prefer a lower cost/lower quality product. I miss all the non-stop big bold gold jewelry shows!

In the past few years, I have purchased a lot more from Shop HQ/Evine.

For those that want to break the budget, Saks just opened the VAULT up in New York City.  

Respected Contributor

I have amassed a rather large jewelry collection. I started in my early 20's and still shop today, although I've slowed down quite a bit the last few years. Probably 70% of my jewelry came from QVC. 

I own more rings than any other type of jewelry, then comes earrings and then bracelets. I never wear necklaces because I can't stand to have anything around my neck.

My jewelry wearing has slowed down considerably after I retired. I still wear jewelry when we go on vacation, or go out shopping, or to the movies, or out to eat, etc. Around the house I only wear rings - I rarely wear a bracelet.

I've loved jewelry ever since I was a little girl. Does anyone remember back in the 60's when Woolworth's had a birthstone jewelry set? It consisted of a ring, a necklace and a bracelet that were all heart shaped. I thought that was the most beautiful set of jewels in the world. Of couse I was about 8 or 9 at the time, LOL!

My mother used to kid me that she didn't know where I got the 'jewelry gene' from since she wasn't into jewelry at all. Never, ever wore anything but her plain gold wedding band.

Respected Contributor

I still do!  I feel naked without wearing a necklace of some sort every day  I wear a watch every day, too.  And... I love rings, although not when I am cooking, doing dishes, or doing laundry, of course,  I like to leave the house wearing a ring or two.  Bracelets are fun to wear when I have an extra minute, and when I am going out somewhere nicer than usual, but I don't typically have that luxury of time to coordinate jewelry on my wrist to match my necklace and/or ring.  I seem to be rushing every minute these days, and not by choice.  I wear earrings only for special events, which are few, at this particular time in my life.

Jewelry rocks, and I find wearing it uplifting.  Jewelry makes me feel well-organized, well put together, and polished..  

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I began my entry into shopping channels with jewelry.  I love jewelry even though my retired lifestyle does not give me many options for wearing it.  I checked the three weeks of shows that are on the program guide and have to wonder why there are so few jewelry shows.  It almost feels like QVC has given up on the category.  We had one day of silver with creede but that leaves us with a two hour diamonique show and a one hour affinity show.  I think there should be more with some new brands.  We never see charms.  We see very little birthstone shows if any.  There is a lot in inventory so why not show it?  With a dozen easy pays it is affordable to many shoppers and I believe women still want jewelry.  And settings that are less elaborate would be nice.  Jewelry shows would be a welcome relief to all of the fashion programs....jewelry is fashion as well.

I love jewelry, my favorites are rings.  I have a couple pieces from Q, HSN, Many frome ShopHQ.  I have discovered JTV so most of my jewelry now is purchased from there.

Honored Contributor

In the under 40's or whatever, they're wearing thin chains with a small charm.

I love a beautiful necklace, and that's what's on the runwaySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Younger people are not buying jewelry like the older generations did. Millennials have outnumbered the older folks and the millennials are the ones the retailers are aiming at right now and that doesn't include much jewelry. Economic landscape has shifted.

@SilleeMee 

my daughters rarely buy jewelry......you know why?

LOL, because they know they can beg, borrow, or steal mine or my mothers for FREE! Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I've never been particularly good at buying accessories or jewelry.  I'm not into the really expensive stuff anyways, but usually ran out of money before I would even think of accessories/jewelry.  I only have a few expensive pieces including a slide necklace.  I like natural stone stuff.  

I only wear jewelry, besides my fitbit, when I get dressed to go out (church/meeting friends for lunch/etc.), including my wedding ring.

Trusted Contributor

Most definitely!  I went out today to dine with hubs and get groceries and I had on my solid gold byzantine necklace that came from QVC, solid gold earrings. and 3 yellow gold diamond rings and 4 white gold diamond rings.  I never ever leave the house without 

@Gabidog wrote:

I began my entry into shopping channels with jewelry.  I love jewelry even though my retired lifestyle does not give me many options for wearing it.  I checked the three weeks of shows that are on the program guide and have to wonder why there are so few jewelry shows.  It almost feels like QVC has given up on the category.  We had one day of silver with creede but that leaves us with a two hour diamonique show and a one hour affinity show.  I think there should be more with some new brands.  We never see charms.  We see very little birthstone shows if any.  There is a lot in inventory so why not show it?  With a dozen easy pays it is affordable to many shoppers and I believe women still want jewelry.  And settings that are less elaborate would be nice.  Jewelry shows would be a welcome relief to all of the fashion programs....jewelry is fashion as well.

a nice gold necklace, earrings and my rings.  Sometimes I even throw on my diamond gold bracelet. 

Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

Most definitely!  I went out today to dine with hubs and get groceries and I had on my solid gold byzantine necklace that came from QVC, solid gold earrings. and 3 yellow gold diamond rings and 4 white gold diamond rings.  I never ever leave the house without 

@Gabidog wrote:

a nice gold necklace, earrings and my rings.  Sometimes I even throw on my diamond gold bracelet. 

I just bought about two weeks ago anf beautiful gold Italian filigree necklace from Ross Simons with matching earrings.  

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have waaay too much jewelry! @haddon9  I don't have any kids but I often wonder what will happen to all of it after I'm gone...and what will they, whoever that is, think when they find my huge stash of itSmiley Surprised...LOL!!Woman LOL

Same here as I have no children either.  I have lots of very nice art deco diamonds and gold plus two diamond watches that are over 2 carats each; one in platinum and one is 14k white gold. A 2 carat diamond by the yard necklace and a platinum art deco diamond ring that is rather large.  So many other jewlery items that I wonder where they will go.  Oh well, I guess it does not matter so best to just enjoy while we are here lol. Love to see your collection!