Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I have amassed a rather large jewelry collection. I started in my early 20's and still shop today, although I've slowed down quite a bit the last few years. Probably 70% of my jewelry came from QVC. 

I own more rings than any other type of jewelry, then comes earrings and then bracelets. I never wear necklaces because I can't stand to have anything around my neck.

My jewelry wearing has slowed down considerably after I retired. I still wear jewelry when we go on vacation, or go out shopping, or to the movies, or out to eat, etc. Around the house I only wear rings - I rarely wear a bracelet.

I've loved jewelry ever since I was a little girl. Does anyone remember back in the 60's when Woolworth's had a birthstone jewelry set? It consisted of a ring, a necklace and a bracelet that were all heart shaped. I thought that was the most beautiful set of jewels in the world. Of couse I was about 8 or 9 at the time, LOL!

My mother used to kid me that she didn't know where I got the 'jewelry gene' from since she wasn't into jewelry at all. Never, ever wore anything but her plain gold wedding band.

yes i loved those sets and begged for them but my mother wouldnt buy them for me.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog    I wear it!  Like you, my first purchases from QVC were mostly jewelry items.  

But I don’t think the next generation wears it much.  For two of my daughter’s past graduations, I’ve bought her Tiffany necklaces.  Have never seen her wear either of them.  It’s not like she’s wearing something else....she only wears a pair of ear studs...nothing else.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do women wear jewelry?

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline wrote:

@lmt wrote:

I have amassed a rather large jewelry collection. I started in my early 20's and still shop today, although I've slowed down quite a bit the last few years. Probably 70% of my jewelry came from QVC. 

I own more rings than any other type of jewelry, then comes earrings and then bracelets. I never wear necklaces because I can't stand to have anything around my neck.

My jewelry wearing has slowed down considerably after I retired. I still wear jewelry when we go on vacation, or go out shopping, or to the movies, or out to eat, etc. Around the house I only wear rings - I rarely wear a bracelet.

I've loved jewelry ever since I was a little girl. Does anyone remember back in the 60's when Woolworth's had a birthstone jewelry set? It consisted of a ring, a necklace and a bracelet that were all heart shaped. I thought that was the most beautiful set of jewels in the world. Of couse I was about 8 or 9 at the time, LOL!

My mother used to kid me that she didn't know where I got the 'jewelry gene' from since she wasn't into jewelry at all. Never, ever wore anything but her plain gold wedding band.

yes i loved those sets and begged for them but my mother wouldnt buy them for me.

Awww but once you got out on your own you were able to buy those jewelry items you yearned for.  Now is your time to wear your jewelry to your heart's content!  We only have this one life so wear and enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@CatsyCline   Yes!  I had forgotten those, but I did have a set...mine was the pinkish "Alexandrite " set.  The bracelet had a stretchy expansion band!  It must have been a birthday or Christmas gift....I never had money for jewelry as a kid!

Thanks for a fun memory!

Respected Contributor

Have loved jewelry since I was a little girl. Played with my moms. When Halloween came I was always a gypsy. Piled on all the jewelry I could find. I recently went through my jewelry box’s. I now have one small box left. Of course I kept the good jewelry. Gave the rest to my sister in laws friend who sells jewelry on EBay. 

Have given a few pieces to my granddaughters.

Honored Contributor

I never leave the house without earrings; always studs and sometimes I add hoops.   I hate the feel of necklaces, rings and bracelets.

I love to look at jewelry, see many pieces I think are pretty, but don’t want to buy any of it, because I won’t wear it.   

My husband wants me to find a piece of  jewelry for my birthday and anniversary, but I’m really not interested in owning another shiny bauble.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a trick question, right? Always when leaving the house, except for the gym, earrings, necklace(s), asst. bangle bracelets and watch. Of course, my wedding rings...All jewelry on left hand/arm. No jewelry on right hand, right arm...long story. Silver or other white metals only. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been interested in fine jewelry for as long as I can remember.  Started seriously buying it right after college; first purchases were in Europe.  Several years later I moved to Asia and,oh the deals!  Didn't buy too much from shopping channels, just Joan Rivers costume and American West.  Now that I'm retired and living in Arizona, I buy Native American nationally recognized designers.  I'm very proud of my collection (which I both wear and display/love (like a bird with a bright object).  I don't wear much in the Summer but usually have on several pieces with any Winter outfit.  I have no Daughters but some of it will eventually go to my Son and his two Sons(at 6 and 8 they already covet my Watson Honanie pieces.  A lot will go to my Navajo DIL, who at 52 is just now able to start collecting fine NA jewelry.

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@CatsyCline   Yes!  I had forgotten those, but I did have a set...mine was the pinkish "Alexandrite " set.  The bracelet had a stretchy expansion band!  It must have been a birthday or Christmas gift....I never had money for jewelry as a kid!

Thanks for a fun memory!

@alicedee  Yes, the bracelet was stretchy. How I wish I still had that set just for the memories.

Honored Contributor

QVC isn't as heavily invested in jewelry sales as they once were but they still do sell a LOT of jewelry.  They do a lot of jewelry events, they just had one.  You don't have to wait for jewelry shows, if you intend to buy something or are looking for something in particular.  Qvc.com had every jewelry item in stock and you can see it all and browse to your heart's content.  I think that is so much better than waiting for a jewelry show that will only feature a handful of items.  I think many jewelry customers and collectors are now buying their jewelry from ShopHQ, JTV and ShopLC.  All of whom do far better job when it comes  to styles, gems, values and uniqueness.  I think that is why QVC doesn't do a lot of jewelry shows now.  Their jewelry customers don't need shows, they buy online.