Valued Contributor

I began my entry into shopping channels with jewelry.  I love jewelry even though my retired lifestyle does not give me many options for wearing it.  I checked the three weeks of shows that are on the program guide and have to wonder why there are so few jewelry shows.  It almost feels like QVC has given up on the category.  We had one day of silver with creede but that leaves us with a two hour diamonique show and a one hour affinity show.  I think there should be more with some new brands.  We never see charms.  We see very little birthstone shows if any.  There is a lot in inventory so why not show it?  With a dozen easy pays it is affordable to many shoppers and I believe women still want jewelry.  And settings that are less elaborate would be nice.  Jewelry shows would be a welcome relief to all of the fashion programs....jewelry is fashion as well.

Honored Contributor

Do bears ............................             LOL

I have mine on.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do women wear jewelry?

[ Edited ]

I never leave home without it!  Earrings and rings are my thing.

I edited this to add that there are so many websites selling cz jewelry now and running big sales.  That has to be hurting diamonique.  Some of them like, Berricle, have huge selections.  That said, I do have several pieces from QVC and like their guarantee on the diamonique.  I think they should stress that more.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea WHERE my mother got this idea, but she firmly believed that ONLY married women are allowed to wear jewelry, and ONLY that given to her by her husband.

When I left home........I kinda went wild................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only wear earrings - rings, bracelets and necklaces are just to bothersome and uncomfortable for me.

Super Contributor

I almost always will wear earrings and a necklace.  I do have  some nice formal pieces but I wear alot of costume,  funky,  fun stuff more.  I see silver and gold shows, I'm just hesitate to buy expensive pieces on the internet.   I do wish they would show more of the fun pieces.  I think your spot on that jewelry is fashion as well. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss the days when QVC would always air at least a few jewelry shows every day.

Remember the dedicated hours? An hour of all earrings, or necklaces, or bracelets? Remember red, white and blue jewelry on the 4th of July? Black Hills Gold on Memorial Day?

I think QVC started cutting down on jewelry shows right after 9/11. I remember reading an article at the time that said people were moving more towards buying home and electronic products than jewelry. 

Plus the fact that the price of gold has skyrocketed the past few years. Even the price of silver had gone way up compared to a few years ago. To get a nice piece of silver jewelry with a gemstone sometimes costs what I used to pay for a gold piece with gemstones. 

Back in the day my generation loved jewelry. Layering several gold necklaces was the big thing back then, especially herringbones.

At one time my area had four jewelry catalog stores - Stroud's, Jewelcor, Wes Freeman and Bartikowsky's. Every year they would mail their catalogs and we would flip through them and drool over all the beautiful jewelry pieces. Of course all those stores are long gone now. 

I've said this before. When I'm out I notice that younger women and girls just aren't wearing jewelry like we did. If anything I see more costume jewelry being worn than gold or gemstones.

QVC goes where the money goes. Obviously there isn't the market for jewelry that there once was.

Respected Contributor

Yes.  I work with woman of all ages including interns and HS students, they wear jewelry.  I wear jewerly everyday I leave the house.

Respected Contributor

I am home most days...but I put on makeup and jewelry every day.  A few years ago I purged my jewelry box, and told myself that whatever I kept, I needed to wear.  So each day I choose a few pieces and enjoy wearing them.

i occasionally pick up something new (to me).  This year I bought a couple of Joan Rivers necklaces (beautiful, and enjoy wearing them!), a pair of Joan's hammered earrings, and the Jacqueline Kennedy paperclip necklace.  All from eBay....all very inexpensive, and very pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

I love jewelry!  My mother did, and my DD, DIL, and GD (age 6!)

all are fellow lovers.  I guess it runs in my family.  It’s my favorite gift for them, and I have begun to give them pieces from my collection.  “Serious” jewelry is passed down.  I am an elderly woman, and one of my favorite pieces is a gold pocket watch that belonged to my great-grandmother.  I have a few costume pieces, but when I get dressed to go out I wear my treasures.  And I wear my grandmother’s engagement diamond on my right hand all the time.  What she wore, what my mother later wore, is always with me.