Honored Contributor

Re: Do they make extenders for box insert clasps and foldover clasps?

I have bought a few different sets of magnetic clasps---in different sizes (mm) as you get some that are too big/heavy and they pull the necklace to the back----so smaller mm for the daintier chains/beads and bigger ones for the larger  ones.  I have monkey fingers these days and trying to clasp any clasp is maddening----

Respected Contributor

An extender for a box clasp would have to be the exact mm size as the original. Even when I have bought matching neclaces and bracelets with box clasps, from the same manufacturer, at the same time, in the same size, the boxes clasps often don't fit securely.... sometimes not at all. It's not just the width of the clasp, it's the measurements on all the pieces that fit together... they must all be exact. With a lobster claw or spring ring you only need to worry about the clasps fitting around each other. With a box clasp the tongue of one clasp must fit inside the other clasp and hold securely. And even if they fit, if there are figure 8 safety clasps in addition, they also have to align perfectly or they won't close/hold.
Respected Contributor

I have a gold Omega that I got about 20 years ago from QVC, 16" with a 2" wxtender. I did use the extender on another necklace from time to time but it was a tight fit. I still have that omega and I love it.