Honored Contributor

Do they make extenders for box insert clasps and foldover clasps?

I may purchase a riccio necklace and bracelet but they are a tad small.  Can't find anything on QVC or Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do they make extenders for box insert clasps and foldover clasps?

@depglass    I've never seen any and seriously doubt such a thing is available.  There's too much variation in size and they must fit precisely.  I'd pass on that bracelet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I will pass if nothing turns up here.  This is a local auction that ends Tuesday.  Sometimes I just don't use the right search terms.  I was looking for magnetic connectors and I should have been looking for magnetic clasps.  

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass - If you search for "fold over extender" on Amazon (no quotation marks needed), there are several styles available, though usually none with Prime shipping. There's something wrong with many of the jewelry search algorithms on that website (for example, searching for "pear" in the jewelry category often defaults to "pearl" and it's hard to adjust that to get the right results), so don't include the word "bracelet" in your search or you'll mainly see a whole bunch of the claw-and-chain-style extenders.

When I've ordered the fold-over extenders from either Amazon, ebay, or DIY-type jewelry vendors in the past, they haven't been of the highest quality, but fortunately they have done what I needed them to do well enough to allow me to enjoy more bracelet options. Good luck!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Holli Yashi is beautiful but a bit pricey for the caliber I usually buy in this used jewelry.  I get some gold on these auctions, but most stuff is 925.  I did order a set of Weiman fold over clasps on Prime.  If it doesn't fit the one I may be buying, they will be useful down the road.  My main problem is unfamiliarity with mm sizes.  After a couple tries, 6 mm seems to be the sweet spot for magnetic clasps.  I agree with the thread from last week about the flimsy clasps coming out lately.  I wore a Carolyn Pollack signature necklace this morning and the rounded lobster claw clasp hooked on one try behind my neck.  Such a relief for my aging eyes and fingers. Thanks to all of you !  

Honored Contributor

@Melvin-QVC- Sorry about the link - I just wanted to show the OP what the item looked like.  But I wish the link could've just been deleted instead of my whole post, along with the rest of the information.

Honored Contributor

@depglass- I'm glad you got to see the information I posted before it got deleted.  I hope you find what you're looking for at a reasonable price.  Someone out there must make one!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I find stuff on Etsy and many times it's free shipping.

Honored Contributor

I think they are more worried about "bad" links than competition.  I haven't heard any of my friends complain about viruses or spyware in several years.  In the old days two friends actually had to buy new computers they had messed up so badly.  Make that three, another one came to mind, and she has a PhD.