Honored Contributor

Re: Do they lower clearance prices?

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I would think I would know the answer to this by now!

But, other than the Lunchtime Specials and Prime Time Specials, I am not sure.

There is a pair of earrings I would really like to get.  They are on clearance for $100 under their original price.  But they are still pricey!

Do they ever lower their original clearance price after they don't sell for awhile?  I have seen it done elsewhere, but not sure about QVC.

Hyacinth

Look at J265479.  The video shows 1 clearance price, the current clearance price is about $10 cheaper.   HTH

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think they make it up as they go along.  They make a rule, then they invent a new sale price name so they can say they've never done it before.

Super Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

It happens, but it's a rare event.  Last year the q had some flash sales.  I remember one sale in particular because I bought a pair of erterna gold earrings.  It was 50% of all clearance jewelry.

Yes, I remember that flash sale..  I believe it was for only three hours.. I kept eyeing a Michael Dawkins Pearl necklace with enhancer & I got it for over $100 of the price.. Can't recall the original price; but I do know that it was a great deal.. I miss those flash sales.. 

Honored Contributor

@classic wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

It happens, but it's a rare event.  Last year the q had some flash sales.  I remember one sale in particular because I bought a pair of erterna gold earrings.  It was 50% of all clearance jewelry.

Yes, I remember that flash sale..  I believe it was for only three hours.. I kept eyeing a Michael Dawkins Pearl necklace with enhancer & I got it for over $100 of the price.. Can't recall the original price; but I do know that it was a great deal.. I miss those flash sales.. 

Now they offer a flash Easy Pay event.  Big deal.

Super Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@classic wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Now they offer a flash Easy Pay event.  Big deal.

You're absolutely correct.. Many times I've written to QVC in the feedback section & I did get a response.. One time qvc called me & boy did I give them a piece of my mind.. I was very direct & told them about all the things they are doing wrong; i.e., regarding easy, lousy lunchtime specials, inferior products being offered, always presenting same products over & over again, their S&H policy, some hosts not focusing on the product description, etc...

My last feedback, a few weeks ago, was regarding their lousy lunchtime specials; they were always putting very low rated items; now I noticed they are putting 4 and sometimes 5 star products.. Of course, non are to my liking.. Qvc does respond & does listen to viewers concerns; implementing these changes doesn't always happen.. I think they do try to please their customers..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last September they had that unexpected and unannounced sale for one day.  Things were at giveaway prices.  I bought a ton.  It's so much smarter to do that than to let things mildew sitting in a warehouse, making them unsellable.  That was the first and only true bargain event I can recall. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment