Contributor

Re: Do also love other jewelry collections?

motherinlaw, I wonder what you DID read! this is funny, isn't it? maybe it was some sort of anniversary, as you say Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Hi mother-in-law , I also love kenneth j lane .and joan rivers jewelry. I have collected some amazing pieces from them. It is great fun finding their things.have a great night.

Respected Contributor

What??? Coco Chanel died in January, 1971----43 years ago at age 87!!!! She was born in August 1883!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

On 3/26/2014 motherinlaw said:

That's fair enough. Thank you for your thoughts. I have had Judith's Pia necklace on my wishlist for ages but as this one is much cheaper and with a Chanel history, I think I should get it home and see it for myself.

UGH.....the decisions we have to make! Smiley Wink

I also have been thinking & thinking about ordering the paper clip necklace for a long time. So I finally did. It was hard to choose which finish. I also ordered the 3 strand pearl necklace. I had it at one time but sent it back. Mainly due to I had ordered too much.

I didn't hear why this line was being discontinued. Did they say???

Thanks, Pepper22

Respected Contributor

I finally bought the Goldtone about 6 months ago and I love it. I just ordered the Silvertone, too.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

On 3/26/2014 Sheesh said:

What??? Coco Chanel died in January, 1971----43 years ago at age 87!!!! She was born in August 1883!

Woke up this morning and remembered who I read about in the WSJ....it was Bunny Mellon who passed away a few weeks ago. She was over 100.

Super Contributor

I have the paperclip necklace and while it will not be mistaken for real 14K gold, it is a pretty necklace and I enjoy wearing it and I like the way it converts to a double or single strand.

Honored Contributor

I started buying jewelry on QVC many years ago (Kenneth J. Lane, Joan Rivers, Nolan Miller and Lee Sands make up my collection). Haven't purchased any costume jewelry in over 10 years. If they would have had the Jacqueline Kennedy collection back then, I think I would have purchased many of her pieces. They are timeless.

Super Contributor

On 3/26/2014 motherinlaw said:

Learned today that the Jacqueline Kennedy collection is retiring from the Q this weekend. There was a show today and it will wrap up on Saturday.

I love to mix and match my collections and could not resist the CoCo Chanel paper clip necklace anymore. CoCo passed away only a few weeks ago...I believe she was either 103 or 105 when she passed.

I also own only a few Jacqueline pieces but the ones I have are timeless.

Wondering how you all feel about this legendary line and how you incorporate other collections with your Ripka. Smiley Happy

Coco Chanel passed away in the 1970's, I believe. Maybe you were thinking of Bunny Melon?

So sorry, didn't read through the entire thread...they all had style and elegance, along with their money!