Valued Contributor

Do also love other jewelry collections?

Learned today that the Jacqueline Kennedy collection is retiring from the Q this weekend. There was a show today and it will wrap up on Saturday.

I love to mix and match my collections and could not resist the CoCo Chanel paper clip necklace anymore. CoCo passed away only a few weeks ago...I believe she was either 103 or 105 when she passed.

I also own only a few Jacqueline pieces but the ones I have are timeless.

Wondering how you all feel about this legendary line and how you incorporate other collections with your Ripka. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do also love other jewelry collections?

Hi MIL, I have the JBK pearls in 17" 20" and the long 30" length.

I like wearing them. I can wear all 3 at once for a real layered pearl look.

Jacqueline Kennedy Classic Triple Strand Simulated Pearl Necklace

I have the JR Convertible bail which can fit over the pearls to add an enhancer.

Judith Ripka Sterling Textured Convertible Bail

ETA: I ordered the JBK Paper Clip necklace a while ago, but I didn't care for it when it arrived so I returned it.

I hope you like it when you get it. It is also a classic.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Super Contributor

How sad. I love watching the shows and have a mini collection of my own. I really loved hearing all the stories behind the pieces. I wonder why it being dropped? Popularity didn't seem to be an issue.

Valued Contributor

May I ask newjerseygirl what you did not like about the paperclip necklace? This would help so much. Maybe I should reconsider my order. I guess because this is a Chanel piece that really got me.

Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2014 motherinlaw said:

May I ask newjerseygirl what you did not like about the paperclip necklace? This would help so much. Maybe I should reconsider my order. I guess because this is a Chanel piece that really got me.

Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

I didn't care for the color/finish. It just wasn't for me.

I think you should get it home and judge for yourself. I don't want to influence you.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Valued Contributor

That's fair enough. Thank you for your thoughts. I have had Judith's Pia necklace on my wishlist for ages but as this one is much cheaper and with a Chanel history, I think I should get it home and see it for myself.

UGH.....the decisions we have to make! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

No way! I mix that collection with JR! Thanks for the heads up!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Contributor

Am I reading this original post correctly...claiming that Coco Chanel just died a few weeks ago? She died in the early 70's...and she was in her 80's then.

Valued Contributor

Dear Hazel: Thank you for this observation. I read this in the Wall Street Journal a few weeks ago and even commented to my husband that CoCo Chanel had just passed and what age she reached.

I wonder what I read! Maybe they mentioned the anniversary of her passing. Thank you for pointing this out. Here I would have thought she just passed from what I thought I read.

Oh good grief.....must have been a long day that day. Smiley Wink Thanks again!

Contributor

On 3/26/2014 Hazel said:

Am I reading this original post correctly...claiming that Coco Chanel just died a few weeks ago? She died in the early 70's...and she was in her 80's then.

Yes, she died in 1971 at the age of 87.5 {#emotions_dlg.sad}