Honored Contributor

No.  Pearls, opals -- just not my style at all. 

I have a couple of faux pearl necklaces and earrings that I've had from the 90's. That's when multi-strand pearl chokers and bracelets were very big.  I haven't worn them since.

Honored Contributor

Yes I wear my pearls mostly with my denim shirts and jeans.  I like the look of denim and pearls together.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

i have a large collection of pearls, but i wear them only with tees. it’s the look i prefer. 

Honored Contributor

I know of a woman who wears a simple strand of white pearls with v-neck blouses and jeans.  This is her signature look and I love it!  They are cool against the skin in the summer. No little pendants flopping around so no constant fiddling with your necklace.  It's a thumbs up for me!

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t own expensive pearls.  My “good stuff” is stone jewelry.  

But most of that is rather small and dainty, so I have been combining that with a shorter strand of smallish pearls so it makes more impact.  I did buy an Essie necklace, quite short, a gold chain with tiny pearls spaced out through it.  It was love at first sight, but I didn’t want to pay the full price of $300.  Got it for $100 when on a big sale at Macy’s.  I just love it.  I also have a strand of Keshi (sp?) pearls I bought at a museum gift store for $100, which looks as nice as some I have seen at a much higher price.  I love museums, and I love their gift shops.  You can always order from many of these shops from catalogs or websites.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Wear Pearls?

[ Edited ]

I don’t wear much jewelry but I am not a fan of pearls either. I also don’t like jade, mother of pearl,or those carved pieces usually with a face of a woman on them. I think they are called cameos. I much prefer gemstones.

Honored Contributor

I got a 'better' brand of pearl earrings wasn't cheap fashion stuff they still

fell off the backing within a week from Kohl's. Won't be buying any more their junk.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have sold pearls, although, I'm not really a fan.  I love color.  To me pearls are OK but not what I ever buy, in fact, I shy away from them.  I seem to gravitate to colored stones.

The only picture wearing pears that I wanted to copy for the style was this.  I still love it! 

Related image

OMG @ECBG. Who would I be without my pearls? I’m sure you’ve read here about the many strands I’ve inherited, had re-strung, re-designed and re-worked. Pearls are part of my signature look almost every day. I just got in the habit of wearing a wearing a small 18” strand every day in college (graduation gift). Then as my aunts passed away, some without daughters or children, more strands came my way. My grandmother (mother’s side) left her many strands of pearls of varying lengths and she never wore them...Guess who received those? My Mom has a beautiful double strand w/ diamond clasp that my Dad gave her for their 50th Anniversary. She gave those to me last year. 

I love color, too and wear my pearls with strands of turquoise or other colored stones. I don’t treat them as precious jewelry....I can’t enjoy them packed away in tissue.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Pearls have a special place in my heart...when I was a young teen, my father gave me a strand of Mikimoto's.  My aunt gave me a strand of pearls in her will.  My husband gave my mother pearl leaver-back solitaires with a single diamond placed above the pearl and he gave me pearl solitaires with a pear shape of pave diamonds above the pearl.  I now own the pearls that he gifted my mother (my mother released them to me before she passed).  Each of these gifts I treasure for reasons beyond intrinsic value.  I just retrieved the earrings from my jewelry box and had forgotten how beautiful they are.  Think I'll wear with my jeans!

@phoenixbrdThat’s me...even pearl earrings w/ sweats...especially now w/ white hair.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:
@phoenixbrdThat’s me...even pearl earrings w/ sweats...especially now w/ white hair.

Sounds lovely....