Honored Contributor

I really don't care much for pearls.  It always angered me that other people got pretty colored gemstones for birthstones and I got the pearl.  I have a gray pearl necklace with an enhancer, earrings, ring but I wear them rarely.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Love them. I have a favorite Jackie Kennedy 3 strand necklace that goes great with a black leather dress.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of pearls, but don't wear them often anymore, but I used to when I worked. If I get dressed up, I will wear a pearl ring that I purchased in Hawaii.  It has one gray and one white 8 mm pearl with a ribbon of leafs seperating them.

I once saw a beautiful pair of Tahitian pearl earrings in Ohau, Hawaii about 25 years ago that I fell in love with.  One earring held a black pearl and the other earring held a white pearl. They were so beautiful and I wanted them so bad.  The price was $1200 and I hesitated. That was a lot of money back then.

When I went back to get them, they were gone.  They would have been Worth a fortune today.  I still pine for those earrings.  They were the best quality pearls I have ever seen.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG, after I saw The Devil Wears Prada, I went out and got the Chanel strands.  I like pearls, but mostly a modern take on them.  I love the pictures you posted!

Honored Contributor

I think pearls give you a very classy look. Maybe a je ne sais quoi.  Maybe I did not describe it correctly and maybe it is just that, a certain je ne sais quoi.

Honored Contributor

You're right and I wouldn't purchase today...yet I will treasure those that have been given to me over past years. 

@Glittergal wrote:

I like the look of pearls a lot, but I only wear faux pearls because of the cruelty associated with the real ones.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@ECBG

Yes, I wear pearls - I’ve received quite a few nice pearl earrings and necklaces as gifts over the years. I love long strands of pearls! I haven’t been wearing my necklaces lately though.

Lots of pearls have color! They are not all “white.”

@willdob3Yes, there are a lot of beautiful pears that have color.  There was a 30 in strand of black Tahitain pearls that I loved when I sold fine jewelry for Belk for 5 years when I hurt my back being the top stylist at Dillards after retiring from teaching.  I just didn't get around to them and I ended up selling them.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

What's not to love about pearls?  They are as classic as jewelry can get, so yes, I love them and I wear them.  Earrings, all kinds of necklaces, bracelets, white ones, black ones, Honora colored ones, you name it!  Day or night, they are always in style.

Valued Contributor

Re: Do You Wear Pearls?

[ Edited ]

I started buying them about 2-3 years ago. Mostly from Catherine Cardelinni - lately  the pink/peachy high luster necklaces. Even if I don't wear a necklace, I normally wear some of her pearl earrings - they are all drop earrings - round, square etc.... 

Honored Contributor

I think pearls are timeless.  I have several pearls that I have had for years and years.  I have good one and faux ones.  I always feel special when I wear them!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin