Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Have A favorite Jewelery Designer?

Judith Ripka is my favorite designer. I have several pieces from her old JR Two Collection with sterling silver and 18k gold. They are 10 years old now and I love wearing them. I always get compliments. I have some QVC JR as well, but with the recent price increases since 2009 I don't buy very many pieces anymore. I only bought two last year. 

As I get older I prefer classic gold and white gold pieces that I buy from the Q gold days and Blue.Nile.com. I bought the recent Byzantine TSV in gold and it is really a classic. I will never have to get rid of it as it will never go out of style. That piece would be two or three times what I paid for here at the Q.

I used to have about 12 pieces of Bixby that were gorgeous, but they were too ornate and "loud" for my personal style. I sold them on Ebay and the women who bought them were ecstatic, which made me feel good.

My philosphy these days are to have a well edited jewelry collection that actually gets worn.

Trusted Contributor

A lot of my favorite pieces are the ones I've designed myself.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Contributor

My favorite designers on QVC used to be Ann King and Barry Cord. I also favor Scott Kay, Michael Dawkins and Barbara Bixby.  My all time favorite designers not on Q are Lagos by Steven Lagos and Steven Webster designs

Honored Contributor

Michael Dawkins without a doubt for his clean lines, contemporary and sophisticated designs.  I own several of his pieces.  I am also liking Scott Kay with his design on angel wings and hearts.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

My tastes are eclectic so no designer really.  David Yurman has always made beautiful things and I do love to see them at Saks.  I love silver so right now I'm liking the intricate designs of Samuel B as well as Carolyn Pollack.  I don't remember the name but recently I bought the amber TS that an Israel designer had on and I really like that ring too.  I haven't tried his other pieces but this one was really nice. 

Occasional Contributor

Ladies I also like JR jewelry, but was wondering how you keep you pieces sparkling like new.  Q has a jewelry cleaner H282567 but it only has 3 reviews.  I have a lot of silver but I also have some with gemstones and I don't want to lose the stones.  What would you all recommend?

Respected Contributor

I loved Ann King and I have some very interesting RLM pieces. However, aside from QVC, throughout the years I have collected a great suite of David Yurman. My all time favorite.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield