Honored Contributor

Re: Do Lug bags off gas and ruin jewelry?

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Mindy D 

I don't think you're going to get many answers because most people are buying Lug bags to use as a handbag.  I just don't think they're being purchased to store jewelry or makeup.  So you may get opinions, but no one is going to have the actual experience to report on.  Just curious - did you originally buy these just to store things, or did you not like them enough to use as handbags?  If that's the case, I'd return them and buy makeup bags and jewelry storage bags.  Then you won't have to worry about it.  Good luck!

@shoesnbags The Lug Trolley bags are designed to be  makeup travel bags.  I have a set that I have used for my cosmetics when I went down to my mother's condo in Florida back in the spring. 

Since I wasn't in a hotel I just used the drawers in the vanity at the condo and I really don't remember if there was an odor.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D    In all my many years of owning tons of jewelry and dozens of bags, including some Lug, I've never heard of a bag giving off gas and tarnishing anything.  You've been reading too many recall notices. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Mindy D 

I don't think you're going to get many answers because most people are buying Lug bags to use as a handbag.  I just don't think they're being purchased to store jewelry or makeup.  So you may get opinions, but no one is going to have the actual experience to report on.  Just curious - did you originally buy these just to store things, or did you not like them enough to use as handbags?  If that's the case, I'd return them and buy makeup bags and jewelry storage bags.  Then you won't have to worry about it.  Good luck!

@shoesnbags @My bags are the Lug Trolley Bags. They are usually used for makeup or anything else one wants. They are not worn on the body. I initially ordered so I could have one bag, downstairs, with my makeup essentials in it. Whenever I've gone to see family, or I'm getting dressed for a event, I've had to go running around to all the different places I keep my get ready essentials. I wanted one, or two bags for downstairs that are ready to go, so I don't go through the running around thing as often. I've removed the few little jewelry boxes from the second Lug already. 

Honored Contributor

I get it, off gas is used as a verb.  If you have any doubts I would place items in gallon Ziploc bags. They will hold a ton and you shouldn't have to use many.  

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Mindy D 

@shoesnbags   The Trolley is a cosmetic bag for storing makeup so yes, people do use it for that.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D @haddon9 @Pearlee 

I'm not a Lug fan, and it shows!  Didn't know they made cosmetic/jewelry bags.  Thanks for setting me straight.Woman Embarassed

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D 

I'm a jewelry dealer and have kept my travel jewelry purchases In a Lug Trolley and other Lug products and have never had an issue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rockygems123 @I'd expect that from gold, but do you store vermeil pieces or other plated pieces similar to Diamonique  in it?

Honored Contributor

Bizarre question.....     I now have an image  in my head of handbags with facts so strong they tarnish metal.