QVC Customer Care

Re: Dirty looks over wearing nice jewelry~

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic and argumentative

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only like fine jewelry.  I don't own any costume and though i do have some silver (I consider silver semiprecious) the kind I have is Ultra Fine.  But the rest of my jewelry are gold, platinum, diamonds and precious gems (Sapphires, Ruby, etc) I also have only salt water pearls.  So no simulated gems or fake diamonds.  I don't have a lot, but the kind I have is fine jewelry. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I only like fine jewelry.  I don't own any costume and though i do have some silver (I consider silver semiprecious) the kind I have is Ultra Fine.  But the rest of my jewelry are gold, platinum, diamonds and precious gems (Sapphires, Ruby, etc) I also have only salt water pearls.  So no simulated gems or fake diamonds.  I don't have a lot, but the kind I have is fine jewelry. 

@songbird  - Today's jewelry is impossible to tell what's "real" and what's not.  CZ and simulated gems are beautiful and most CAN'T tell the difference - unless you're a jeweler or are in the business.

Just like "premium" jeans.  You can't tell the difference in a pair that cost 200.00 versus one that cost 20.00.  They all look the same.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird  - Today's jewelry is impossible to tell what's "real" and what's not.  CZ and simulated gems are beautiful and most CAN'T tell the difference - unless you're a jeweler or are in the business.

Just like "premium" jeans.  You can't tell the difference in a pair that cost 200.00 versus one that cost 20.00.  They all look the same.

In some cases the simulated sparkles more.  You are right about jeans too.  A good fitting pair of jeans will look terrific no matter the cost.

Trusted Contributor

There are a lot of unhappy people in this world.  Who knows what anyone is thinking when they come off as unpleasant?  Just leave them to their private misery and go on with your business.

Honored Contributor

@FormerOCGirl 

I've experienced that too & have been told about some ugly comments others have made (this was years ago, by the way, not recent).  I've never forgotten that.  If only those same people saw me now after my mama passed away and left me some doozies!

More recently I have had a colleague ask if all my jewelry was real (earrings, necklace, tennis bracelet, rings).  I just said, "some are, some aren't".  I reallly don't think I need to explain my jewelry to anyone.

I would rather someone say, "beautiful ring", or something like that than, "is all of that jewelry real?"  So rude, as far as I'm concerned.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

I would love to see those pearl shoes paired with her meat dress. LOL

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Never heard of such a thing.  Maybe you are paranoid?