Occasional Contributor

Re: Dirty looks over wearing nice jewelry~

I myself love all diamonds...real or fake. Perhaps others are trying to figure out if mine are real.

Occasional Contributor

It's a 1.5 carat stone. To me that's not big!

Occasional Contributor

goldring.JPG

I often wear this 2-carat gold Diamonique ring item number J325067. I personally think it's tasteful and I could care less if it's real or "fake".

Honored Contributor

Are you bragging or complaining?

Respected Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@tends2dogs: They look dirty to me also. By the way it's Lady Gaga's Feet

enhanced-buzz-orig-21598-1384273456-14 - Edited.png

Not surprised.

Valued Contributor

Let them look.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Maybe they think you're showing off.  You know .. conspicuous consumption was in style once.

Honored Contributor

@FormerOCGirl wrote:
I have noticed something for quite some time now...other women acting miffed when I wear my sparkly diamonique. As a woman I enjoy keeping my nails done and wearing some pretty jewelry but all to often I get flack and condescending looks from other women when I’m out and about. If I’m wearing a ring with a substantial stone it’s not because I’m trying to appear vain or uppity...I’m just attracted to that size of stone. To me jewelry is one of the feminine joys of life and is to be enjoyed. I just don’t understand the nasty attitudes. Why is it that carrying an expensive bag and wearing luxury labels is okay and yet wearing some bling on your finger seems to evoke such negative reactions? Do any ladies here deal with this as well? Thoughts?

@FormerOCGirl   I get the same reaction wearing my diamond wedding set every day. The stones are large and rather than disdain, the looks may just be wondering if your jewelry is real or not or just envy. I've had people nervy enough to ask. Carry on wearing the jewelry you enjoy and don't pay attention to others' "side eye" glances. Please yourself. That's the point of jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I worked for Tiffany's and own some lovely jewelry. The only responses I have ever received are all positive and questions about my engagement ring setting. 

If people are staring at your jewelry unfavorably it may be for reasons other than the size of the stones. Perhaps, wearing one prominent piece at a time will change the negative glances? After all is said and done, I believe in the concept of less is more. And I do not believe in the jealousy of other women silliness. Cubic zirconias are cheap and plentiful and jewelry no longer is about status.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic and argumentative