Respected Contributor

Re: Dirty looks over wearing nice jewelry~

Two thoughts - 

~ You're making an assumption of what someone is thinking.

~ They may be reacting to the energy/thoughts you're putting out.

Either way, this is about you and not anyone else.

I got a large-stoned ring recently (fake, good deal) and wear it cause it's fun. People can think what they want. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes, OC, I have noticed this in the past.  In my case, I think I was feeling good that day and probably had a little pep in my step and I guess some women don't like to see that. 

Doesn't have to be jewelry, could be an outfit or purse.  Most people compliment others taste if they like something, but there are always a few who resent that you are cute or happy with yourself.

(I get more favorable comments on my Dooneys or Coach bags than anything else.  And the ones I carry are small crossbodies.)

Hold your head up, Seannie

Honored Contributor

You said you noticed a difference only when you wear a large stone Diamonique ring.  So, it isn't anything else about you.  

I've heard some pretty catty conversations about wearing cz's.

Accused of pretending they are real diamonds. "I don't know of anyone who can afford such a large diamond."  Some may believe they are real, could never afford such a stone and are envious.   

However, I've heard that about 1 carat real diamond rings.

Those putting others down makes them feel morally superior to others.  "I would never pretend a cz is a real diamond."  In many cases, it's just plain jealousy...they couldn't carry it off.  Some women can.

I wear large stones myself. Never worn at work though. 

As for carrying expensive handbags, and other luxury labels, it depends on the company they keep.  If an owner is friends or works with those who can't afford them, expect some backstabbing from a few.  They attack the wearer for some petty personal reason, not the label, though.  

Respected Contributor

I don't notice jewelry on strangers unless it's men and they're wearing too much. 
I had a weird thing happen after I got my 20 year anniversary ring. I was at a store and this uppity woman who works there (it's not a fancy store) suddenly started treating me differently. She was nice as pie after that. It told me a lot about her. And not in a good way. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@FormerOCGirl: Maybe you should wear Pearls instead 

what-did-lady-gaga-wear-today-gigantic-pearl-shoes-edition.jpgWoman LOL

OMG is it just my computer or are her toenails dirty??  Hey, if you are going to call that much attention to your feet, come on............!!!!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@FormerOCGirl   How long has this been going on?  Just since the pandemic?  If you aren't wearing a mask, perhaps this is why you are getting "dirty looks".  

It is hard to judge just what is happening without being a witness to your behaviour or the actual jewelry you are wearing when this happens. 

If you are happy, why not just ignore it?  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

How can you tell, given the masks?

Valued Contributor

one word....JEALOUSY.
Valued Contributor

I don't pay attention to the jewelry of others. I wouldn't be aware of someone's jewelry piece unless they consciously or unconsciously flashed it at me. Just me maybe. I have my own lovely pieces.

Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs: They look dirty to me also. By the way it's Lady Gaga's Feet

enhanced-buzz-orig-21598-1384273456-14 - Edited.png