Respected Contributor

Re: Dirty Fingernails Presenting Jewelry!

Lulu 1 - your scenario is my fear.  I just recently saw a bracelet just like mine for sale on the Q.  For sure it was more expensive than the originial since the price of gold has gone up significantly.  It's pretty poor for Eterna to take he position that they are returning same at the original price.  I am sending back two bangles.  One has the slide that is broken.  The other is made of cut gold that looks like shimmer on the wrist.  The gold is actually flaking off to reveal how little gold is in the bracelet.  Sorry you cannot experience the bracelet you had wished for.  Eterna Gold is a sham.

Valued Contributor

Tobes,  you said, 'The gold is actually flaking off to reveal how little gold is in the bracelet'.

I think you may be mistaken and have another brand from QVC that gold over another metal. Ted Leach has stated many, many times it is solid all the way through 14K gold.  They can't engrave it 14K EG unless it is so.

If it is marked '14k EG' and 'flaking', then you should contact QVC because they have fraudulently sold you something that wasn't solid Eternagold and they should make it right.  You have grounds to sue them. 

Those who have problems with returns, all you have to do is follow the instructions on the warranty card enclosed with each piece of jewelry.  If you can't part with what you are sending, write them a letter and be specific on what your wishes are.  Look at Q's EG inventory and suggest a replacement, or tell them you want your piece returned as it is if they can't do a repair.  Be patient, it takes several weeks.  They do not have cherical staff to answer phone inquiries.  You may have luck including your email address with your letter to them when you send your jewelry.  They emailed me once, several years ago. 

I missed the presentation by the 'new EG rep.' because they didn't send me a reminder of the show.  I have a hard time watching that Q office staff woman who they moved out of the office to the stage anyway. 

Ted Leach,  dear EG guru, we will always miss you on air. 

Honored Contributor

It could be self-tanner that got under the nails.  Who knows.  

Fyi, my toenails always look dirty and it took a long time to figure out it's the color of the bed of the nails, not dirt or anything I could control.  

Respected Contributor

Cachia -- please look at J389635

I believe the bangle I have is Eterna gold--it is stamped and I have the original box it came in.  I was surprised to see it being sold recently.  It is diamond cut. 

The bangle has a frame around the edge so that the gold will have a frame to hold onto when it is poured.  Since it is diamond cut it has flaked off,  Yes it is solid gold, but quite thin.  Sorry for my ragged findernails, but I have a tendonitis in my wrist and fingers and can't work in a manicure or file myself due to the pain of movement.  Thank god it is my left hand.  Best i can do.  By the way I have a third eterna bangle that is doing all right so far.  Thanks for your expert instructions which i will follow.