Super Contributor

Re: Did you see the new TSV?

On 10/9/2014 culebra said:

TSV is great for traveling. I wonder if you wanted all three gemstone studs, how much an additional 2 would cost? I think it is a great TSV. I watched the video and thought the earring were quite substantive.

Yes, it would be nice if the other two stones were offered separately. As for them falling forward, that's a simple fix...I use lobe wonder, and I know there are other "stabilizers" on the market...I wouldn't let that keep me from purchasing...or ranting about it before even trying them on my earlobe. Just like shoes, earrings can fit each ear differently.

Respected Contributor

terrier3

You are so funny. You obviously hate everything Judith Ripka. You probably do not buy from Ripka. Why do you post?

Frequent Contributor

Her jewelry is pretty but so badly overpriced, for me too. Diamonique is just a CZ... you can get a set of 6 lovely colored CZ studs, in sterling, on the jewelry channel for like $49. And they're making a profit too.

Respected Contributor

I got the email late last night. They are pretty. I am passing on it as I already own her button earrings and many of her earrings in fact that are kinda similar.
Honored Contributor

I am stunned by the prices of her line, and absolutely gob-smacked over Barbara Bixby's prices, and my favorite Michael Dawkin's prices~!

No, won't be getting the TSV.... even though I think they're lovely.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I did see them, but not the price until you posted it. Once again, over priced. I will pass.

Honored Contributor

terrier3

You are so funny. You obviously hate everything Judith Ripka. You probably do not buy from Ripka. Why do you post?

I have a LOT of Ripka - from the beginning until a few years ago. I gave a lot as presents too.

I think the quality has gone down...can't stand the big, fake, gaudy diamonique...it has ruined her line, IMO. Who does anyone think they are fooling?... wearing sterling and fake stones - it's a gaudy mess now. PLUS the prices are outrageous for costume jewelry - which is what her QVC line is.

A lot of people must agree with me - her high end line is just about kaput and her last TSV's haven't come close to selling out.

I want her to return to heavier weight pieces, with natural stones only.

Ripka is just one example of how QVC is cutting corners, lowering quality and raising prices & shipping costs.

Esteemed Contributor

they looked huge and heavy...I will be passing on them, too.....

don't you just hate when the models put their finger behind their ear to hold up an earring...do they think we don't notice....and when they move their hand...the earring is no longer visible facing out...

Respected Contributor

On 10/9/2014 terrier3 said:

terrier3

I have a LOT of Ripka - from the beginning until a few years ago. I gave a lot as presents too.

I think the quality has gone down...can't stand the big, fake, gaudy diamonique...it has ruined her line, IMO. Who does anyone think they are fooling?... wearing sterling and fake stones - it's a gaudy mess now. PLUS the prices are outrageous for costume jewelry - which is what her QVC line is.

A lot of people must agree with me - her high end line is just about kaput and her last TSV's haven't come close to selling out.

I want her to return to heavier weight pieces, with natural stones only.

Ripka is just one example of how QVC is cutting corners, lowering quality and raising prices & shipping costs.

Judith Ripka's QVC line is most decidedly NOT costume jewelery as it is all made with precious metal, i.e., Sterling Silver. Costume jewelry is made with base metals, sometimes plated, like Joan Rivers Classics Collection, KJ Lane, Nolan Miller--oh, and I love their jewelry, as well---I wear it all. Just so you know, even Chanel makes "costume jewelry"--that is how Coco Chanel started with her jewelry line (and even Jackie Kennedy wore it), none was made with precious metals although there is now a fine jewelry line). Try pricing a piece of Chanel costume jewelry with plated base metal and crystals--even a used piece! Costume jewelry is not the dirty word you are making it out to be.

Chanel Costume Jewelry

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

Antonella just showed it and I thought it was great.