Respected Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Lisa's watch Fri. and Sat.?

I really don't think it's the actual watch(beautiful-beautiful!{#emotions_dlg.devil2})... Or the price. A large income lets people afford nice things. The choices of those nice things are not anyone's business for the most part.I think the issue is that part of LR's sales tactic is to talk about how things cost so much..too much and how she can't afford a certain price point.She tries,very successfully,to appeal to the shoppers with a "I'm just like you and I would buy this GILI copy so you should too because no way do I have money to spend on the real deal!" pitch. So to be on air wearing Louboutin's,Cartier watches,designer gowns and dresses come across to SOME as very disingenuous and even pretentious. It's not the same as wearing a wedding set. For example,I own some very nice things but I don't wear them to my job,or certain places where I don't want to stand out. I love these things but sometimes it's just not the right time to rock them. Maybe selling denim &company and bronzo resin filled bangles and GILI knockoffs to the average viewer while wearing such high end pieces is not the best idea. ..it seems ,to me,to be a bit thoughtless about how it comes across. But it really is a gorgeous watch.

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 ripkalover said:
On 6/2/2014 serenity4ever said:

Kate Middleton wears the version without the diamonds and Michelle O wears Cartier as well.

Cartier makes a beautiful watch that is timeless and attractive. Lisa works hard for her money and I think she enjoys jewelry. Anyone familiar with the world she lives in wouldn't even give a second thought to spending what she did on that watch. Engagement rings today that are 2 cts or above with a good quality, cut and are colorless are far more expensive than Lisa's watch.

Wearing expensive jewelry has absolutely nothing to do with being shallow and everything to do with appreciating a fine timepiece or beautiful workmanship.

Seriously? Why is a QVC show host even being compared to Michelle O. and Kate Middleton? She in no way runs in the same circles, monetarily speaking, life purpose, or otherwise. She sells products to the American "everywoman" and wearing a pretentious watch that costs more than the average American woman makes in a year is flat out insulting. Period.

Yet you seem to admire Judith Ripka. Her couture pieces are more expensive than Lisa's watch.

If some people add up all the costume Ripka they have bought at QVC - it probably equals the cost of Lisa's watch...I have heard callers say they have 200+ pieces of QVC Ripka.

Lisa has a timeless, classic watch. People with 200 pieces of Q version Ripka have worthless costume jewelry.

It's the choices you make in life.

Lisa probably pulls in 1 million a year or more. She can afford whatever she wants...she works for it and she deserves it!

Trusted Contributor

Whether it is real or not, it may have been a gift. Perhaps from a vendor whose products she has sold in the millions of dollars? Unless there is some type of clause in her employment agreement which states she cannot accept gifts from vendors, I think that's a lovely possibility from someone she has made a great deal of money for. Wear it in good health!

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 sashamatthews said:

Whether it is real or not, it may have been a gift. Perhaps from a vendor whose products she has sold in the millions of dollars? Unless there is some type of clause in her employment agreement which states she cannot accept gifts from vendors, I think that's a lovely possibility from someone she has made a great deal of money for. Wear it in good health!

She makes at least a million dollars a year...she could buy it for herself very easily!

Contributor

I have to agree with Birkin Baby. Its about the sales pitch. PM Style is one of my favorite shows and I have just learned to tune her out. Also at one time there used to be several threads devoted to Jill and Shaun and their expensive clothing and jewelry. Lisa does more fashion and jewelry shows and Lisa Lovers and the Lisa Haters are paying more attention.

Honored Contributor

I just can't believe a watch could cost $55,000. However, it's not up to me to tell someone who works hard and makes a good salary how to spend their money.

Respected Contributor

On 6/1/2014 Chi-town girl said: Do you also want to check the tags on her underwear to make sure they are QVC?

I really don't understand all of your negative comments about this post... This one was the 2nd... Doesn't make any sense at all to me...

KatieB

Esteemed Contributor

Here are my thoughts on this. As a social worker, I have never worn any jewelry other than my wedding band when working. Most of the families I work with struggle financially, there is no reason to flash material goods, its very off putting for some. I want them to concentrate on what what we are saying and doing, not what jewelry I am wearing. Lisa works for QVC, many or most viewers are likely middle or fixed income, again, no reason to flaunt her success and material goods in their faces. We all can proudly wear what ever we own any place else in our private lives, but sometimes the workplace is not the appropriate arena.

Regular Contributor

On 6/3/2014 colliegirls said:

Here are my thoughts on this. As a social worker, I have never worn any jewelry other than my wedding band when working. Most of the families I work with struggle financially, there is no reason to flash material goods, its very off putting for some. I want them to concentrate on what what we are saying and doing, not what jewelry I am wearing. Lisa works for QVC, many or most viewers are likely middle or fixed income, again, no reason to flaunt her success and material goods in their faces. We all can proudly wear what ever we own any place else in our private lives, but sometimes the workplace is not the appropriate arena.

Hogwash. Lisa works in retail, not one on one with poor people. She can wear whatever she wants and so could you if you wanted to. I really can't understand why anyone has a problem with what she wears or even cares. So what? Will anyone stop shopping at QVC because she owns an expensive watch? Has it altered anyone's life in any way? Why does anyone care? Seriously.
Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 6/2/2014 chrystaltree said:

I'm amazed that anyone would notice a host's watch and know how much it costs. And start a thread about it. I'm more than sure that LR makes a seven figure income and that's they type of thing that wealthy people buy. And the woman is rich! What? She should wear a Timex? Having said that we don't KNOW that she was wearing a $55K watch. For all we know, it might have been a Gili watch that will debut in the fall for Christmas.

people like Lisa who are so fixated on looking like money as she puts it, wear designer clothes and jewelry TO BE NOTICED.... otherwise there is no purpose in wearing such things in public. Right? Lisa has lost touch with what really matters in life.. but, until you experience life and see what is important and not important... you just will never know. She is still young and has a lot of life's lessons to learn, lets put it that way.

Uh ...... Most women dress in part to be noticed ... since when did that become a crime? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I also wonder how you are so sure that Lisa "has lost touch with what really matters in life" ........ All I see is a woman who works very hard for her money, has become successful and can spend her money any way she pleases.

WHY are you begrudging any woman who makes an honest living what she can spend her money on? .... What's up with THAT? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}