Contributor

Did anyone order any of the items featuring gemstones from CP's treasure chest?

Wow what a wonderful selection of new items for this visit.

I ended up ordering the triangular turq earrings and the 36" turq necklace both featuring turquoise from CP's personal collection. I also placed an advance order for the leather & MOP enhancer. I put tons of items on my wish list.

Valued Contributor

Re: Did anyone order any of the items featuring gemstones from CP's treasure chest?

KittyKat, I was just looking back over my orders and reviewing videos and wondering if there was a list of the "treasures" anywhere. My best recollection/guesses:

turquoise east/west cuff J294834

turquoise north/south enhancer J294838

petite sleeping beauty cuff J294566 (not sure if this is a "treasure" or not)

green turquoise/leather toggle bracelet J294844 (missed the show, no video, but she references it at the end of the north/south enhancer video)

triangular drop earrings J294843

sand cast inspired pendant with square cabochon J294789

turquoise and coral cuff J294791

squash blossom earrings J317565 (J294840 earrings only)

single squash blossom pendant J317565 (pendant only J294841)

turquoise 36" necklace J295632

multi-gemstone with flower cuff J295019

multi-gemstone ring J295020

There is nothing in the written description that mentions these as gemstones from her private collect or vault and many do not have videos for reference where they explain that, so my list probably isn't complete. I do see that many of the items are either sold out or on waitlist.

Congrats on getting the ones you purchased!

Valued Contributor

Re: Did anyone order any of the items featuring gemstones from CP's treasure chest?

By the way, I have put the 36" necklace and coral and turquoise cuff on waitlist. It's iffy whether I'll get them or not since these treasures are limited.

Contributor

Your list seems pretty accurate from what I remember. Though I do believe these were also part of her "treasures":

American West Multi-Gemstone Sterling Naja Enhancer
Valued Contributor

KittyKatLvr, I'm a little surprised that no one else has responded to this thread. I'd like to hear what the ladies on the porch have to say about the stones Carolyn and Bill have been collecting for the past 20 years. Maybe it isn't a big deal because they collect stones all the time, but some of these treasures seemed to have been in the vault for a while. I thought it was interesting so I'm bumping up the thread.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Quilia and KittyKatLvr, what Carolyn was referring to with her "treasures" pieces were new pieces brought to the collection over the 4th that had turquoise in them. Over time it has become harder and harder for Bill and Carolyn to source not just the larger cabochons of turquoise but the cabochons that are clearer and brighter blue. So Carolyn went to what she refers to as her "treasures" that she and Bill have purchased over the years and designed pieces for this last visit around the numbers available. I think you might be right Quilia, it will be interesting to see how many of the new designs will be brought back. The bright clear blue reminded me of one of the collections CP brought to QVC in her "Sincerely Southwest" line years ago as a TSV, "Silverado". The turquoise in that collection was exquisite! Large and vivid blue with little matrix. It looks so much like Sleeping Beauty turquoise but I'm quite certain that CP was not using Sleeping Beauty when they did that collection, especially the size of the cabochons and the numbers needed for a TSV. I am a bigger fan of CP's line then the AWJ line...just a matter of "style" for me, but over the last few years I have been adding pieces of the AWJ line to my collection. I could not pass on the beauty of the turquoise and ordered a couple of pieces as well as the three stone ring and cuff Sleeping Beauty advanced order pieces. Enjoy your new beauties!
Contributor

Qulia, I was surprised also there seemed to be no interest in these treasures. I also thought it was interesting. Did you order any of the items featuring Carolyn's treasures?

Super Contributor

Hello ladies - hey Lala!

I think there's been plenty of interest, and I'm sure many will come along and talk about these beauties once they arrive. I would have gotten so many more pieces, but I just can't right now. I looove the multi naja, but I already own the original colors of turq naja from many years ago (cuff, earrings too) and I absolutely adore it! If I had lots of spare cash, I would definitely buy it and the cuff - soooo pretty! I was concentrating on red coral this visit, but was disappointed they did not bring as much as anticipated. Still enjoyed the shows and loved listening to Carolyn's "treasure talk!"

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jug! How are you? So did you splurge on the new coral naja? It was definitely a beauty! I don't own any of the naja's that were shown. I've always wanted the original turq one that you own but never did get it. I see if every once in a while on the Bay but have never bid on it. All of the najas were quite beautiful but I'm certain I wouldn't get the wear from them that they would deserve so I'm not going to spend the money for them. Did you buy any of the new coral pieces? I thought the new ring was gorgeous. Maybe one I will add in the future!
Super Contributor

I think CP is trying to establish another 'brand,' that has nothing to do with stones tucked away in their vault.

If you search "American West Treasures," there are five items, and the earrings don't have gemstones.

Frankly, I think this 'secret vault' stuff is just another sales pitch. It's like Honora's Private Reserve. Marketing. The mine is closed, blah blah.