Respected Contributor

Did Michael Valitutti with his Gems En Vogue Leave Shop HQ Again?

The last time Michael Valitutti was on Shop HQ was the weekend of the Coronation & he said he would be back at the end of the month.  He is not scheduled; most of his items have been removed from Shop HQ's website.  If he left, I hope he comes to the Q.  His jewelry designs are stellar!

Honored Contributor

Re: Did Michael Valitutti with his Gems En Vogue Leave Shop HQ Again?

All of the items still remaining say Closeout Price. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle Yes, I noticed what remains is on closeout.  Something must have happened.  I know Michael said he needs a lot of hours since he produces so many jewelry designs.  His gemstones have superb clarity & cut.  And his designs are second to none.  His sterling mixed with palladium does not tarnish.  I have bought many of his pieces.

Honored Contributor

Maybe he will be selling from his website, if he is gone, he didnt give it much of a chance at his return, he seemed so at home there.

Respected Contributor

Playing musical chairs with different shopping television channels is confusing to customers and not a great long-term plan.

I thought his coronation shows were great, and featured many unique and pretty pieces, many of which were selling out.

ShopHQ has been his go-to company for decades.  I guess when he went to HSN he found out the grass was not always greener someplace else.  I doubt if he would get the air time he would want on QVC.

Brcause I prefer gold, I rarely purchase his items, but the few that I have are extremely well crafted and creative in design.

He needs to understand that consumers are not buying jewelry like they used to, so he cannot necessarily depend on the same kind of air time and profit as in the past.  I wish him well in his endeavors. 

Esteemed Contributor

Seems odd to me that one would have to bounce back and forth between shopping channels.   I did purchase some of his pieces when he was on HSN.  They are nice quality and very unique.  But for me once he left, I was done.  Not going to open accounts all over the place to follow designers, same thing when Victoria Wieck left.  I loved her designs but I have enough jewelry anyway.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have bought directly from his Canadian website.  The staff is incredibly helpful as I ordered a ring in a special size not available on the website.  His gemstones are very pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll be sorry if he left there again but I can also understand it. His designs are amazing. When he was on Shop HQ before with Chuck and Paul, I bought several of his rings and charms. They are really nice and favorites of mine to wear.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps this is Shop HQ's decision?  I'm amazed they are still on the air.  So many name changes, so many packaging changes, so many vendor changes, so many host changes.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Perhaps this is Shop HQ's decision?  I'm amazed they are still on the air.  So many name changes, so many packaging changes, so many vendor changes, so many host changes.  

And don't forget their shipping charges. They charge the most to ship anything.  They are constantly changing.  I have not seen a Victoria Weick show in a long time.  Not sure she is still there.  I use to purchase quite a bit from them.  I love my one world dresses however Sam Sabora went to HSN working with Dg2.  He is awesome with his designs.  Literally I can't remember the last time I purchased from them.