Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

"a gift from Dodi"

Prince William & Duke Harry inherited their mother's jewelry.  They each picked what they wanted.  So which brother is selling/auctioning off their inheritance & why?

Maybe neither one of them wanted it

Honored Contributor

Meghan needs the money. Cal. is pressing higher taxes on the rich folk.

Valued Contributor

According to an article from May 5 in the NY Times, the necklace was designed by Diana but never paid for. It was supposed to be a gift from Dodi. Diana wore it once for a performance of Swan Lake. After both died in the Paris crash, the necklace, which had been returned to the jeweler Garrard's so they could finish making the earrings, languished at the jeweler. In order to recoup their costs, Garrard contacted the royal family and requested permission to auction the necklace and earrings as the Swan Lake Suite. 

The necklace was purchased by a British lord for his wife. She never wore it, saddened by its link to Diana's death. The necklace was auctioned again, and sold to a Houston furniture magnate known as Mattress Mack. He in turn sold it to a Ukranian real estate developer who is now selling it. 

The necklace has never been worn by anyone except Diana. The British royal family has said that it is the only piece of substantial jewelry of Diana's that will ever be sold. 

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
Harry has the blue ring, he gave it to Megan. She wore it after she got married to her reception. Maybe he took it back.

@willomenia 

How very, very sad.  Kate should have Diana's items if she wants them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Diana's Swan Lake

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@willomenia wrote:
Harry has the blue ring, he gave it to Megan. She wore it after she got married to her reception. Maybe he took it back.

@willomenia 

How very, very sad.  Kate should have Diana's items if she wants them. 

They're not Kate's just to take.  William has given her several pieces, just like Harry has given Meghan several pieces.   One brother doesn't have any right to all of Diana's jewelry. 

I don't believe the Swan Lake Suite was owned by Diana. 

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

Are we sure the blue ring pictured is the aquamarine ring Harry gave Meghan?  The stone shape and the side stones look different to me.  The color isn't quite the same either.

Meghan just has the aquamarine. I got one too.

From Harry?  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree I'm with you! I wear my jewelry with my casual clothes - jeans, whatever! I bought it to enjoy, by golly I'm not waiting for a dressed up opportunity especially as those are few and far between.

During covid - after a bit when I realized it WASN'T going to be over in 2 weeks, I started wearing a different pair of earrings every day. LOL, then I added rings too.  Even if I was the only person to see that I had them on, it made me feel happy.