Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique vs Swaroski

[ Edited ]

Swarovski also makes CZ stones which are totally different from their crystal stones. JTV sells Swarovski CZ under their Bella Luce label...they call it Zirconia from Swarovski and each one of the stones is laser-inscribed with the Swarovski trademark. I bought some Swarovski zirconia from ShopLC a while ago when they had quite a selection there. It's very sparkly. 

ETA - If you remember a brand of created gemstones called Signity...that company was bought by Swarovski and so you will also see created gems under the Swarovski brand. Those stones are also precision cut as are their other stones...crystals and czs included.

Valued Contributor

so funny you posted this today! I was comparing this to someone else the other day Smiley Happy

I have several pieces of each. 

I think Diamonique looks more genuine, Swaroski looks....glassy...if that's the word I want to use. I wore swaroski on my wedding day, so please don't think they aren't gorgeous, but when putting both side by side, diamonique outshines (literally), out sparkles and is more durable. 

Honored Contributor

IMO, there's no comparison.  CZ resembles diamonds much more than Swarovski crystal.  Swarovski does sparkle, but not nearly as much as CZ.

Honored Contributor

I love Diamonique and have a lot of it. I do have a crystal necklace from Kirks Folly and those crystals look nothing like diamonds IMO. I think the vendor said they were Swaroski crystals.

Regular Contributor

If you go to Shop LC’s website you can see a few pieces of Swarovski Zirconium. It is reasonably priced. Much less than you would pay at a Swarovski Store.

I have a couple pieces of Heart their zirconium, and it is gorgeous and incredibly sparkly.

Respected Contributor

I just purchased two pair of Swarovski earrings. The clear stones are small and they look every bit as good as Diamonqiue (of which I do have several). My problem with Diamonique is these days they think we all want large carat weight.  Like Courtney's ring she designed, the center stone is too big for my taste.

Respected Contributor

A long time ago Q did a remote from the Sawaroski Store (with Judy....that's how long ago it was) in Germany or? and I purchased a vintage look ring in white gold/Sawaroski stones and it still looks beautiful! I wear it a lot and clear and lovely as my Diamonique. Wish they would carry this brand again.

Honored Contributor

One thing that Swarovski does best is their aurora borealis crystals. I just love them. So magically colorful and happy looking. 

DMQ is making their own AB CZ jewelry now. That's not crystal so it's more durable than crystal. Is anyone getting the Q2 Big Deal DMQ AB bracelet? It looks lovely. 

Trusted Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I just purchased two pair of Swarovski earrings. The clear stones are small and they look every bit as good as Diamonqiue (of which I do have several). My problem with Diamonique is these days they think we all want large carat weight.  Like Courtney's ring she designed, the center stone is too big for my taste.

I have a Swarovski simulated emerald & crystal pendant & bracelet that are just beautiful and make me smile every time I wear them.  I also want to get the earrings at some point.  Glad to hear the great feedback about them.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

One thing that Swarovski does best is their aurora borealis crystals. I just love them. So magically colorful and happy looking. 

DMQ is making their own AB CZ jewelry now. That's not crystal so it's more durable than crystal. Is anyone getting the Q2 Big Deal DMQ AB bracelet? It looks lovely. 

You are so right!!  My mother owned a long Swarovski aurora borealsi crystal necklace that was passed down to me. It is striking and just glorious.