Trusted Contributor

How does Diamonique stack up against Swarovski?  Which would you buy today?

Diamonique

Diamonique necklace.jpg

Swarovski

Swarovski.jpg

Honored Contributor

To me they are two totally differnt things

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

DMQ for the look of diamonds.

I like Swarovski when I want a crystal look.  Unique shapes and charms etc.   

Kind of an apple and orange comparison, IMO.

Trusted Contributor

Here's a better picture of Swarovski

Swarovski necklace2.jpg

Honored Contributor

JTV has pieces with Bellas and the Swaroski crystals mixed  When they do thier presentations they have someone from Swaroski.  The pieces are lovely  I want to try one of the pieces.  I am waiting to see what kind of sales they have for New Years. Some of their Off Park pieces have the Swaroski crystals as well.Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

No comparison to my eye.

DQ looks like diamonds, Swarovski crystals look like crystals.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of Diamonique.  I think it looks glassy and hard, not at all diamond-like.  A good quality crystal has more sparkle, light refraction.  My petsonal fav is Moissanite which has a lot more depth and sparkle.  It makes Diamonique look very fake.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique vs Swaroski

[ Edited ]

Swarovski is a very high quality crystal, which I think is a type of quartz.

Diamonique is a CZ and if grown & cut correctly, much higher quality than a crystal.

It's like comparing an emerald to a ruby.   Both are good, depends on your budget and style.

Personally I love both.  I would not hesitate to buy Swarovski jewelry if it was a piece I admire & the price is right.  Its not an either/or.   Buy which one you like and can afford

@newname0 wrote:

How does Diamonique stack up against Swarovski?  Which would you buy today?

Diamonique

Diamonique necklace.jpg

Swarovski

Swarovski.jpg

Honored Contributor

Swarovski crystal is a hardened glass which will chip or scratch from wear and tear, Diamonique does not. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique vs Swaroski

[ Edited ]

@newname0   I'd purchase moissanite or crystal.  They are apples and oranges.  Depending on if I wanted a crystal (Swaroski) or a diamond look (moissanite)...both beautiful.  I'm not a fan of DMQ.  @Kachina624 I agree with your assessment of Diamonique. 

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm not a fan of Diamonique.  I think it looks glassy and hard, not at all diamond-like.  A good quality crystal has more sparkle, light refraction.  My petsonal fav is Moissanite which has a lot more depth and sparkle.  It makes Diamonique look very fake.