Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique selection seems greatly reduced.

@Shanus wrote:

Sometimes the same designs are repeated in so many metals & choices, I just can’t believe they continue to show the item....case in point: those Diamonique split hoop earrings. They’ve been offered in silver, silver w/ rose, gold and rhodium clad. I’ve also seen them in 14K. The other day, they were on again with diamond cutting on the various metals, but the exact same earrings. If not mistaken, even Tova had a version of them with pave running along the hoop. Enough is enough!

Get on with it. Certainly there are some new designs to tempt buyers. If not, maybe new jewelry designers need to be hired to put some life back into Diamonique and while at it, other lines could use a breath of fresh air, as well.

I so agree with you about those hoops!!  I haven't liked them from the get-go.  They can't move on from that awful style!!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My favorite affordable diamond substitute is zircon. I think it sparkles just like a diamond and it's a genuine gem. Another genuine gem is a spinel, though it can be created, it is still a really nice diamond sub. Yes I agree, I think the designers should use real gemstones but then the cost and availability of stones might make it difficult to maintain any kind of sizeable inventory. @Shanus

I had never heard of zircons until I saw Michale V. from Gems En Vogue on evine present some of his zircon rings which I did purchase one and it is lovely.  I just purchased a zircon ring from Victoria Weick.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Sometimes the same designs are repeated in so many metals & choices, I just can’t believe they continue to show the item....case in point: those Diamonique split hoop earrings. They’ve been offered in silver, silver w/ rose, gold and rhodium clad. I’ve also seen them in 14K. The other day, they were on again with diamond cutting on the various metals, but the exact same earrings. If not mistaken, even Tova had a version of them with pave running along the hoop. Enough is enough!

Get on with it. Certainly there are some new designs to tempt buyers. If not, maybe new jewelry designers need to be hired to put some life back into Diamonique and while at it, other lines could use a breath of fresh air, as well.

I so agree with you about those hoops!!  I haven't liked them from the get-go.  They can't move on from that awful style!!!

@faeriemoon  If we could plead w/ everyone to purchase just 1 pr., they’d be sold out, gone, finished...never to be seen again...or...they’d think the hoops were so loved, they’d order another 10,000 pr. 😩

Valued Contributor

"Diamonique" is simpy a trademark name. There's nothing intrinsically special about a Diamonique stone which distinguishes it from other CZs. In the past hosts have said things like "When QVC buyers select stones for Diamonique pieces they select only the best CZs." There are different grades of CZ stones and assumedly QVC buyers are/were selecting only the top grades. But beyond that there's nothing unique about the stones.

When vendors like Judith Ripka describe their pieces as including Diamonique they're merely using QVC's trademark name for CZ and they may be paying for that privilege. After all saying a piece of jewelry includes Diamonique sounds a lot classier than saying it's made of CZ. Maybe QVC requires them to use only a certain grade of CZ but does anyone really know?

Honored Contributor

@AuntMame wrote:

"Diamonique" is simpy a trademark name. There's nothing intrinsically special about a Diamonique stone which distinguishes it from other CZs. In the past hosts have said things like "When QVC buyers select stones for Diamonique pieces they select only the best CZs." There are different grades of CZ stones and assumedly QVC buyers are/were selecting only the top grades. But beyond that there's nothing unique about the stones.

When vendors like Judith Ripka describe their pieces as including Diamonique they're merely using QVC's trademark name for CZ and they may be paying for that privilege. After all saying a piece of jewelry includes Diamonique sounds a lot classier than saying it's made of CZ. Maybe QVC requires them to use only a certain grade of CZ but does anyone really know?

@AuntMame  IMHO, Diamonique is different (better) from other CZs I’ve encountered. I purchased an eternity band  ring from NM many yrs. ago w/ CZs (a replacement for my diamond band for travel). Within 2 yrs., the stones were cloudy and 1 had cracked....no warranty. Diamonique stones on jewelry I purchased in the 90’s are still clear and shiny and are guaranteed for life.

I often use inexpensive CZs when designing jewelry. I can set them, examine the look of the piece and if acceptable, replace the CZs with gem stones. Inexpensive ones can be purchased for next to nothing at wholesale jewelry outlets.

I don’t approve of jewelry designers like Ripka & Jai using any “fake” gems, but if they must, Diamonique is a good CZ.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I agree.  DMQ is better than the average CZ.

Contributor

I have several pieces of 14k gold Diamonique.  I think the CZ is the same quality of a nice CZ ... nicer than super cheap, but nothing super special.

I miss the nice 14k gold settings (not gold clad, or vermeil, or plated), and a nice sensible size stone.

I remember when they had a nice selection of 14k gold solitaires, in many different shapes, and different sizes.

Now everything is clad, or plated ... 

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Shanus I agree.  DMQ is better than the average CZ.

What about Swarovski crystal?Swarovski ring.jpg