Super Contributor

Re: Diamonique or Absolute??

I actually had one ring stoled from me, made with DMG, the one, that resemble initial Meghan Markle engagement ring. I hope they got disappointed it was not diamonds.

Esteemed Contributor

Diamonique "used" to be great! Now....not so much. It looks like glass. I shake my head when I watch Erin Mosley's Diamonique shows and she says it's the same quality as years ago. Ummmm....no, it's not.  I sent back any Bella Luce pieces to JTV, as the settings were so cheap. 

Honored Contributor

@alice87 wrote:

I have may be 4 DMQ rings, and they all look good. I have one ring with moissanite, and it sparkle like crazy and is very white. I would not hesitate getting anything in moissanite.

@alice87    I agree, Moissanite is gorgeous but it's not cubic zirconia.  Its a lab-created diamond and I've never seen one that was cloudy.  The ones I own are more sparkly than most diamonds.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@alice87 wrote:

I have may be 4 DMQ rings, and they all look good. I have one ring with moissanite, and it sparkle like crazy and is very white. I would not hesitate getting anything in moissanite.

@alice87    I agree, Moissanite is gorgeous but it's not cubic zirconia.  Its a lab-created diamond and I've never seen one that was cloudy.  The ones I own are more sparkly than most diamonds.

@Kachina624 

Moissanite is not lab-created diamond. Moissanite is lab-created Moissanite. Natural Moissanite occurs in the earth but it's way too small to use in jewelry so it has been created in a lab in bigger stones to use in jewelry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Moissanite is becoming lower-priced and competive with some CZs. Shop around and you'll find Moissanite at terrific prices. Some places are using Moissy as accent stones rather than center attractions. 

Moissanite out-sparkles any diamond or CZ.

Moissanite is harder than a CZ and second in hardness to a diamond.

Moissanite is not a diamond stimulant nor is it meant to be a fake diamond. It's in a class of it's own and should not really be compared with a diamond.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not familiar with Absolute.  I never watch HSN.  But I do like Bella at JTV.  The only thing I would buy from there.  Diamonique is not even close to the beauty of Bella.  And while Diamoniquie is getting more innovated design.  I still prefer Bella Luce. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Bella Luce on JTV is the best, and best prices and settings, in my opinion. 

I agree.  I like their stones.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@alice87 wrote:

@Kachina624 

Moissanite is not lab-created diamond. Moissanite is lab-created Moissanite. Natural Moissanite occurs in the earth but it's way too small to use in jewelry so it has been created in a lab in bigger stones to use in jewelry.

I sure hope this won't be considered an argument!  It's just adding factual info to a discussion @Kachina624 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I have some of all those cz brands and some from JTV too, as well as moissanite, and they all are pretty nice. I don't have any qualms about wearing those instead of the real thing--not a real diamond girl anyway.

Respected Contributor

I have both and I prefer the Absolute. 

I don't know what material Kathy Levine used in her heart ring, the first one, but it still looks amazing.