Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique - a shame

[ Edited ]

Don't know and don't really care... Hey, past a point, a fake diamond is a fake diamond and not at the top of my wish list... That said, this isn't really about DMQ at all... any more than it's about Patricia Nash... I'd say the OP has made her point about 'imports'...  and maybe it's time to move on.... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have no idea, but my guess would be Thailand.They are known for their gems and have many master cutters.  Their jewelry is superior.

Honored Contributor

@KittyPurry    You're speaking of the piece of jewelry, a ring, bracelet, earrings, etc.  We're speaking of the Diamonique stone itself.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My usual go-to, Wikipedia, offered no help on country of manufacture.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@65and fabulous wrote:

It's been made in China for many years. 

@65and fabulous    You made a statement, now prove it.  Cite the source of your information.

omg- are you serious?? LOL? Demanding much? No one reports to YOU!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@65and fabulous wrote:

It's been made in China for many years. 

@65and fabulous    You made a statement, now prove it.  Cite the source of your information.

@Kachina624 

All you have to do is look at the hallmark on the piece of jewelry. In rings, it is stamped "China" inside the band. Even years ago, when QVC sold Diamonique in solid 14K, it would be stamped "14K" China. For me, that always ruined the look of the ring.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

Plug in a few of the videos accompanying some of the rings that QVC sells. The majority of them say China in the shank.

I received a few pieces of diamonique to take with me when we were traveling and every single one of them was stamped China. I have a loupe but the earrings I purchased, the marking was so large it probably could have been seen by strangers.

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KittyPurry    You're speaking of the piece of jewelry, a ring, bracelet, earrings, etc.  We're speaking of the Diamonique stone itself.

Who's "we're? The original poster did not specify she meant the actual stone. 

Respected Contributor

I don't care where my jewelry comes from.  If it is China, I don't care.  I know people complain about globalization, but in a way it is good.

I saw Mad Dog Mattis last night on a webinar on cspan.  He was saying China needs our money as much as we need their goods.  It gives us power to work on their behavior because they won't conform to what we want just because.

Respected Contributor

Cubic Zirconia is very easy to make in a lab; it could be made anywhere.