Frequent Contributor
I don't know where they came from but I would suspect China.. The QUALITY has gone down the toilet.. Years ago the bands were MUCH better ... (like over 10 years ago..) now they are ******.. My 2ct Diamonique ring I got just over 2 years ago bent so bad it's unwearable and they don't have it anymore and it was one of the best sellers and not in stock and hasn't been for quite some time now.. I am REALLY not happy. I miss wearing my ring..
Respected Contributor

Re: Diamonique - a shame

[ Edited ]

Did you see the launch of J-487751, the Sterling Diamonique Personalized Band Ring during the Friday, May 15th edition of The Szish List? Katrina said that it is made to order in Italy. It must be one of the few in Diamonique that are. Nevertheless, the QVC.com listing identifies it as "Imported."

Screenshot029.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@banned again :  Three points:

1. How does a shopping channel "custom make" a ring?

2. Many Chinese work in Italy.

3.  In any case, "made in Italy" is "imported".

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@65and fabulous wrote:

It's been made in China for many years. 

@65and fabulous    You made a statement, now prove it.  Cite the source of your information.

Good grief. Why don't you disprove it?

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@banned again :  Three points:

1. How does a shopping channel "custom make" a ring?

2. Many Chinese work in Italy.

3.  In any case, "made in Italy" is "imported".

Hi Pat, I provided the item number for the personalized piece and Katrina explained the ordering process on the video provided from the original presentation. She explained that one orders the item and enters their name (up to eight letters) through the QVC.com ordering process. QVC has been selling personalized monogrammed pieces, photograph replication pieces and named pieces in this manner since at least 2003! I purchased J-487359 by this process in March 2020 and recieved a necklace with my name in two weeks. During those earlier years one had the choice of entering the personalized information through QVC.com or you would recieve a package in the mail where you would fill out the personalized information and send it to the engraving company, postage paid by QVC.

Regarding your third point, QVC carries a line of "Italian Silver." On the product information on QVC.com, these items are identified as "Made in Italy" instead of simply "Imported." I was wonder why that was not the case for J-487751.

Respected Contributor

Re: Diamonique - a shame

[ Edited ]
@RetRN wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@65and fabulous wrote:

It's been made in China for many years. 

@65and fabulous    You made a statement, now prove it.  Cite the source of your information.

Good grief. Why don't you disprove it?

Actually, I am looking at a fair amount of my Diamonique collection right now and not all of it is made in China. Most of my early 1990s pieces are made in Malaysia or Korea. For instance, my Diamonique Ice and Kathy Levine's ring are hallmarked "Korea." I have many newer pieces hallmarked "China." Many of the current designs are made in China, how do we know? You can see the hallmark on the photographs provided on QVC.com. Yet it isn't all made in China currently- I ordered J-362350 on 31st Big Bonanza Silver Day on March 3, 2020. It is hallmarked "Vietnam."

Honored Contributor

I never purchased the old ones.  I did buy one 2 years ago.  a solitaire. A big mistake.It was very "cloudy"  It came that way.  I could never make it appear clean or clear. I should have returned it.  But I thought it would get better.   It must have been a manufacturing error.  I junked it.

Has anyone ever received one like that?

Frequent Contributor

Usually Diamonique is imported from China and Infinity Diamonds are usually imported from India.