Frequent Contributor

Re: Diamonique TSV Presale

[ Edited ]

I have had a few tennis bracelets through the years and I do wear them 24/7.  Both from QVC's Diamonique and HSN's Absolutes.  My favorite was the S-Link from HSN.  It broke a couple times and I had them repaired at the jewelry store.  Over the past 20 years, I've had 3 different tennis bracelets that I would wear all the time.  Not all 3 at once.

Frequent Contributor

@Barb114 wrote:

Just received an e-mail for the Diamonique Presale tennis bracelet. Wanted to order the 6 3/4 silver already sold out. Not even presented yet. What going on with the merchandising on QVC. Either "only order of the year" or sold out.  The higher ups should get it together.

@Barb114 I was able to order the 6 3/4" in silver just now, so you should give it another go.

Super Contributor

@QsMom

Thanks so much for posting. Just ordered the 6 3/4 in silver.

Esteemed Contributor

All my Diamonique from 20 years ago clouded, but at least they were set in 14k gold, instead of plated.  I will keep my 14k real diamond tennis bracelet thanks.

Super Contributor

I'm glad you were able to get your bracelet Barb. I watched the video and if I were to buy one it would be the rose gold. But, to me the stones looked a little cloudy and just didn't have enough sparkle. Hopefully all of you girls that ordered one will get a very sparly beautiful bracelet.

I do agree with the poster who said it can be hard on tennis bracelets if you wear them 24/7. When they first came out my mom really wanted one. It took me a little while but I was finally able to get her the classic S bar 2 ct tennis bracelet. Of course my mom loved it and wore it all the time. We had to have it repaired 3 times. After that she stopped wearing it to bed and only wore it during the day. That was more than 20 years ago and she still wears it sometimes. 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I'm not a tennis bracelet person.  I'm not sure why so many of their DMQ TSVs are tennis bracelets.  Someone must like them, I guess...

@faeriemoon.  I think a lot of people, like me, enjoy wearing one alongside a watch.  I have a half dozen or so all in different gemstones.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I already have the one fashioned after the real diamond tennis bracelet that Leah Williams wears every day -- J263574.  The diamonique stones on that one are substantially larger.  It's still looking gorgeous to this day.  I only wear it at special events.

Today's TSV is perfect for me for every day.  I've been looking for one at a good price and I think this is it, and I'm getting the 14k yellow gold one.

Honored Contributor

I'm just wondering is there a difference between gold clad and the gold plated they are selling today? As cheap as this bracelet is it makes me wonder.

Esteemed Contributor

I brought one many years ago from QVC that is set in 14k gold I stopped doing the clad, overlay etc. because it turns on me.  I love mine and wear it often.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Diamonique TSV Presale

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

I'm just wondering is there a difference between gold clad and the gold plated they are selling today? As cheap as this bracelet is it makes me wonder.

Good question. I wondered the same thing. Odd that they aren't describing that; makes me believe their plating is worse than clad since they aren't using it as a selling point. At least in the presentations i watched.

Just edited because I googled it: 

In general, and the way I've heard it, a 'clad' item has had a skin of another material mechanically bonded onto it whereas a 'plated' item has had the skin electrochemically deposited. ... The practical difference is that a cladding would generally be significantly thicker than a plating.