Trusted Contributor

Really.

My wedding ring is from Tiffany; it's a gold band with small diamonds (total weight is about 1 carat.) Just to be safe, I remove it when I'm travelling and wear a fake ring that looks EXACTLY like my expensive ring but the band is silver with fake (Diamonique) stones.

It fools everbody and it only cost $50. Yes, I confess that I do get a little smug about it. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Looks like DIamonique comes from a different supplier than in the old days. Diamonique can be made from different chemical formulas. The formula bring used now has a whiteish cast/appearance to the stones. I think the marketing aporoach by QVC has also changed. The jewelry seems to target newer buyers that don’t expect their jewelry to have a last forever, highly diamond-like look. It seems like the designs include more casual, fun to wear, trendy styles, with a few styles that mimic the more expensive real, ultra expensive pieces thrown in. The marketing has allowed for the transition in buyers accustomed to the older pieces to change their expectations of jewelry that looks like the very best, 100% real thing. Metals used are much less expensive to produce in the newer line as well. We see lots of silver, versus platinum, that we seasoned QVC customers saw with the Epiphany line. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique. REALLY?

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D- I go back farther than you I think, having several pieces of Diamonique in very decent looking 14k gold, I almost never buy now, and the few times I have, I’ve been stung.

I happened to find a ring the other day that I had bought as an “as is” some time before 2008, when the price of gold took the Big Leap, and I was actually amazed at how much gold there is in that piece. It is also a relatively simple, modern style, and it was a very good buy.

The Golden Era of Diamonique in 14k gold seems to be gone, sadly.

Frequent Contributor

the "Bella" from the other channel may look nice but hate to break it to ya it's not 14kt gold.. majority of their stuff is 10KT... VERY cheap looking and I have read lots of complaints about their jewelry.. 

Honored Contributor
You might want to check out Victoria wiecks Brillante on Evine. Her pieces are classy and lovely.
Super Contributor

I have sold all of mine for the gold.  I just lost the ho hum of it all.  It seems like everytime QVC makes bigger pieces or to scale of someone else's real stone, everyone complains they want smaller stones.  I think QVC has a lot of smaller stones.  I'd like some WOW pieces for a change!!!

Super Contributor

I was fortunate enough to buy my Diamonique when it was still set in 14K gold many years ago.  I have some awesome rings and earrings.  Unfortunately, that quality does no longer exist.  I have the Diamonique bracelets set in 14K Gold and paid a little more than the price of the gold plated ones they have now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nadine O wrote:

I have sold all of mine for the gold.  I just lost the ho hum of it all.  It seems like everytime QVC makes bigger pieces or to scale of someone else's real stone, everyone complains they want smaller stones.  I think QVC has a lot of smaller stones.  I'd like some WOW pieces for a change!!!

@Nadine O- I agree! As Kathy Levine used to call them, they were "honkers!"

I think 1-2 carats are perfect sizes for Diamonique.

I'm also not thrilled with the Diamonique they are creating these days. I've had to return a few pieces because they were so cheap looking. I'm really glad I kept the ones I bought back in the day. Some are in 14K gold and others are in Epiphany, which looks so much better than plain sterling. The stones are clear and bright. I'll never part with them!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett

My 20+year old diamonique looks great. Anything since then has been awful & I returned it. Looks like it all came out of a gum machine. Don't even bother looking at diamonique at this time.

Respected Contributor

When I want more Diamonique I head on over to ebay and look for the good old stuff. Gold and beautiful real looking "honkers"  (I miss Kathy ) or truly believable smaller stones. Lots there and I "save search" if there's something I really have to have. It all ends up on ebay....and for a much better price.