Honored Contributor

@TW wrote:

I was fortunate enough to buy my Diamonique when it was still set in 14K gold many years ago.  I have some awesome rings and earrings.  Unfortunately, that quality does no longer exist.  I have the Diamonique bracelets set in 14K Gold and paid a little more than the price of the gold plated ones they have now. 

@TW  There have been some nice pieces, but set in silver  or gold clad...does not look like a real diamond setting. I prefer plat. clad which is rarely done. When I see stones, but not fond of the setting, I purchase and reset (myself or jeweler) into realistic setting. It makes all the difference taking away all the halo extras and junky stuff (pro term,  lol) distracting from the stones.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Looks like DIamonique comes from a different supplier than in the old days. Diamonique can be made from different chemical formulas. The formula bring used now has a whiteish cast/appearance to the stones. I think the marketing aporoach by QVC has also changed. The jewelry seems to target newer buyers that don’t expect their jewelry to have a last forever, highly diamond-like look. It seems like the designs include more casual, fun to wear, trendy styles, with a few styles that mimic the more expensive real, ultra expensive pieces thrown in. The marketing has allowed for the transition in buyers accustomed to the older pieces to change their expectations of jewelry that looks like the very best, 100% real thing. Metals used are much less expensive to produce in the newer line as well. We see lots of silver, versus platinum, that we seasoned QVC customers saw with the Epiphany line. 

I agree @Mindy D. The platinum clad is a better look. Silver is very shiny although I’m more than tempted by Amy Tran’s Megan’s ring. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique. REALLY?

[ Edited ]

I started watching QVC in 1990 because of their Diamonique. I ordered lots of it in sterling but also a few pieces of 14k. With three daughters, I gave it to them to wear in college rather than sending them off with expensive jewelry. They all still wear their pieces. I think one key is to order only what you would buy if it were real diamonds. Take care of it and treat it like it is real and wear it like it is! I get compliments all the time because I only bought what I think looks believable. Loved the Tacori line...wish it had would return. My daughters picked out more of that line than the others. 

Problem now is they have cheapened what they sell...either huge stones that are not believable or styles that look super cheap like costume jewelry. I prefer leverback earrings and they sell very few now. Bought two eternity bands that lost stones.....quickly....so I will just stick with what I have and won't buy any more pieces. They just don't make'em like they used to....

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Looks like DIamonique comes from a different supplier than in the old days. Diamonique can be made from different chemical formulas. The formula bring used now has a whiteish cast/appearance to the stones. I think the marketing aporoach by QVC has also changed. The jewelry seems to target newer buyers that don’t expect their jewelry to have a last forever, highly diamond-like look. It seems like the designs include more casual, fun to wear, trendy styles, with a few styles that mimic the more expensive real, ultra expensive pieces thrown in. The marketing has allowed for the transition in buyers accustomed to the older pieces to change their expectations of jewelry that looks like the very best, 100% real thing. Metals used are much less expensive to produce in the newer line as well. We see lots of silver, versus platinum, that we seasoned QVC customers saw with the Epiphany line. 

I agree @Mindy D. The platinum clad is a better look. Silver is very shiny although I’m more than tempted by Amy Tran’s Megan’s ring. 

I agree, I have a few platinum clad pieces and the color of the metal looks better.

The gold clad is a horrid color.  It doesn't look like 14 or 18.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@DiamoniqueDiva98611 wrote:

the "Bella" from the other channel may look nice but hate to break it to ya it's not 14kt gold.. majority of their stuff is 10KT... VERY cheap looking and I have read lots of complaints about their jewelry.. 

10k is a little stronger than 14k.  I have black hills gold and it is really meant to be worn every day.  Unfortunately Q does not sell it anymore.  I have a lovely ring with diamonique .  It is so pretty.Smiley Happy

Occasional Visitor

I tried to return, a stone fell out, of a tennis bracelet that I purchased years ago but they wouldn’t take it because I didn’t have my proof of purchase. So much  for their lifetime guarantee!

Regular Contributor

I can't believe the prices they put on what is FAKE JEWLERY !!! Hundreds of dollars for FAKE diamonds??

Regular Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@DiamoniqueDiva98611 wrote:

the "Bella" from the other channel may look nice but hate to break it to ya it's not 14kt gold.. majority of their stuff is 10KT... VERY cheap looking and I have read lots of complaints about their jewelry.. 

10k is a little stronger than 14k.  I have black hills gold and it is really meant to be worn every day.  Unfortunately Q does not sell it anymore.  I have a lovely ring with diamonique .  It is so pretty.Smiley Happy

You can shop for Black Hills gold online. DH and I were in ...north or south dakota, I can't really remember which... a few years ago and the shops were all lined up along the main drag. That stuff isn't cheap and most of it in't real big but it is beautiful and you get the REAL thing.