Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

For nearly everyone, I do not tell them that my Diamonique is not the real deal. However, at a family wedding event, my father complimented my ring in front of several others and I did not want him to think that his daughter had those kind of bucks. So I fessed up that it was fake which is when the real fun started. The other ladies who heard me each started showing their fake diamonds and gems too. LOL. The look on my father's face was priceless.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/10/2014 CholeinCali said: I was at trader joes today wearing this tacori diamonique and diamonique eternity band the cashier was very complimentary about the rings. I didn't volunteer that it was diamonique but said a thank you. I think it's fun to be able to change out wedding sets and rings for the fun of it.

Looks like the ""real"" Tacori to me!!!! Enjoy!

Super Contributor

I bought a Dimondique eternity band a while back, and people have told me that it is beautiful.

I always tell them that it isn't real diamonds.

I'm not embarrassed by the fact that the stones are not real diamonds.

Why would anybody be embarrassed?

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

I have a few DMQ pieces. Nobody ever asked me if it was real. I would never ask anybody if something was real either.

And if somebody did as me if it was real, I'd answer that it was. It is real DMQ - LOL

I mix DMQ in with real diamonds anyway.

The only thing I refuse to wear are real diamond studs. I've lost a few over the year and it's not worth it. I refuse to pay big bucks for something I am going to wind up losing eventually.

Esteemed Contributor

Why would anyone tell people their Diamonique is not real. Do people tell when their b@@bs aren't real?????

Honored Contributor

On 7/11/2014 colliegirls said:

Why would anyone tell people their Diamonique is not real. Do people tell when their b@@bs aren't real?????

In many instances, that's usually pretty obvious too...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I was at work and talking to a supervisor. I noticed her ring and it was drop dead gorgeous, really pretty. It caught my eye so I mentioned how beautiful it was. Without missing a beat she said "oh, it's Diamonique" and we both shared a laugh since I was wearing a DMQ wedding set.

Does anyone wear real anymore???

Esteemed Contributor

I personally don't care what people think of what I'm wearing. If I am complimented on a piece of Diamonique I say thank you and move on. If the person offering the compliment has a follow up question such as where I bought the item I gladly share that it is QVC's faux rock Diamonique. I have no problem sharing that info with anyone and have done so to people who can afford the best of real and those who would be stretched to buy Diamonique. If I were embarrassed to own up to something publicly then I wouldn't wear it.

Super Contributor

Not unless they ask,
Super Contributor

On 7/11/2014 colliegirls said: