Esteemed Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

I have some Diamonique set in 14K. I'm actually wearing a ring right now that I got many years ago.

If someone asked me if this ring is real, I would tell them exactly what it is. I don't want people thinking I have something I don't. I don't care what people think about my jewelry anyway. I like it so that is good enough.

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

For a fact, even with my weak eyes I can see "CHINACZ" on the earrings I live in.

I love how they don't interfere with other accessories but are comfortable (this style, anyway). I can't remember the last time I took them off (except for now, to read the label).

I have a what I consider to be a pretty Diamonique ring in colored stones and I get comments all the time. I say what it is, but it is pretty, regardless, and the setting is decent. If you are going to go "fake", be real about it! (or just accept the comments with a thank you). I have some real ones and I'm just not enamored enough to want to worry about high priced jewelry. My Mom's engagement ring from the '50s has been re-set in a platinum setting, and it's nice. I wear it sometimes. The only person who has ever remarked on it is a jeweler - under the loupe. It's pretty nice, I guess. Not huge. Wide flat cut.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Would you tell someone if your breast implants are real?

Esteemed Contributor

Funniest Playboy cartoon: Man gazing longingly across the cocktail table, woman's well you know hanging over the candle - he says "is there something burning?".

Cogito ergo sum
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

On 12/9/2014 Margo Channing said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You just can't help yourself, can you? You HAVE to say something nasty.

That's her MO. According to HH, there's a lot of lying going on with many different subjects. Too bad she doesn't take the advice of her signature line.

Honored Contributor

On 12/9/2014 Margo Channing said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You just can't help yourself, can you? You HAVE to say something nasty.

Some people just can't stand FACTS.

Esteemed Contributor

Great for all the time, IMHO. Who cares? A crystal is a crystal, fabricated or not. I rarely take these off. Light as a feather.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

On 1/13/2014 chumlee_ said: I can't imagine anyone who is familiar with diamonds is fooled.

I agree.

I once had an experience. I have a really lemony citrine, which sparkles like crazy when it is clean and under store lights. A sales person came to me, and said something like, we have similar rings. And I said mine is real, your is not. Her were yellow diamonique. You just can't miss it. I like both, but the truth is real and not real stones are not that difficult to distinguish.