Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

On 8/13/2014 ennui_too said:

Did you all know that DMQ is considered to be fashion jewelry, because the stones are synthetic? It doesn't matter if it's precious metal. I learned that today. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Any jeweler would be able to see that it's a CZ even without a loupe.

Honored Contributor

People can be SO nervy ..... just because they ask doesn't mean you're under oath and have to answer them.

Not long ago, I was early for Bloomingdales to open (9:57 am) and a woman started to chat with me .... she admired my Isaac Mizrahi ceramic watch ... and then she caught me off guard and asked how much I paid for it!

I was so surprised that I blurted out the price .... and then she turned up her nose and said, Oh, a knock off! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Valued Contributor

actually, I don't have any nor do I wear or want to wear cubic zirconia----I also don't discuss prices or brands with people I might casually know----if friends as a question, I will tell---
Contributor

It depends on the situation. I don't buy Diamonique items with large stones, so I assume that everyone thinks they're real (for instance, a tennis bracelet set in 14K with small stones or rings with stones of 1.5 carats max. I'm not wealthy, and everyone knows that I can't afford big real diamonds, so I only buy Diamonique items that are believable for someone in my income level. However, I'm also 67 years old and have inherited real diamonds from ancestors, so no one knows what's real and what's not, because they're all about the same size. I also don't wear a lot of pieces at the same time. If I'm traveling or in other situations where no one knows me, I'm more likely to load it up, just for fun. On the other hand, someone in the doctor's office admired an Epiphany ring, and I proudly told her that she could get one just like it for $40. I hope she did.

Honored Contributor

They're just like my O's. If they don't know the difference, that's fine with me.

Honored Contributor

I started shopping on Q because of DMQ.....I have many pieces and most are 14K from years ago...and I have bought only things that have believable-sized stones, so I assume from the many compliments I have received on my Diamonique jewelry that everyone thinks it is real....no one has ever asked me if it is real....I would find that appallingly rude!

Respected Contributor

On 9/18/2014 brii said:

Did you all know that DMQ is considered to be fashion jewelry, because the stones are synthetic? It doesn't matter if it's precious metal. I learned that today. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

As I stated in another post, I sold a 14kt gold Diamonique ring. The jeweler just removed the stone and weighed the setting. So, there is value to the metal, but not the stone. I refuse to purchase anymore items with Diamonique, I'd rather have a plain gold or silver piece without the c/z's.

Frequent Contributor

It's rather rude of people to question your jewelry. No one has asked me that I can recall. Moy sure how I'd answer if someone had the nerve to ask.
Honored Contributor

On 9/18/2014 brii said:

It doesn't take a lot since the setting says right on it DMQ CZ. When callers say "I took it to the jeweler and he could not tell the difference" they are out & out lying.

Valued Contributor

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You just can't help yourself, can you? You HAVE to say something nasty.